r/RoastMe | The Boneyard

r/RoastMe

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In that case...AITA?

No. I don't think it will happen but I don't think it's unreasonable.

Part of the problem is UConn running sets where when they dump it down to Sanogo he is double or triple teamed. Need better spacing before they dump it in to him.

I mentioned in the "flaw" thread that it is a mistake thinking UConn can run their offense through Sanogo in the post. You also can't run your offense through Clingan in the post.

Reaction Score
No. I don't think it will happen but I don't think it's unreasonable.

Part of the problem is UConn running sets where when they dump it down to Sanogo he is double or triple teamed. Need better spacing before they dump it in to him.

I mentioned in the "flaw" thread that it is a mistake thinking UConn can run their offense through Sanogo in the post. You also can't run your offense through Clingan in the post.
You don't have to. For a smart, mobile 7'2" center with good hands and good positioning, offense just falls in your lap. Literally.

Reaction Score
Clingan has 2 skills he hasn’t even used yet, passing and perimeter shooting inside foul line,plus he’s decent at the line. Get Clingan 30 minutes a game and good things are likely to happen.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Adama is 6’9 and has played hoops for like 6 years. He’s worked his tail off but still has shortcomings.

Donovan is 7’2” and has balled his entire life. He’s always in the right spot, catches everything and mostly finishes (I’d love to see him finish through contact better though). He is also a FANTASTIC rim protector.

I don’t care who was voted what in October. Gotta play your best guys.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is obviously an amazing player. But there’s a reason that they back-to-basket big is extinct in the NBA now. Nothing that he does comes in the flow of the offense. Clingan is more effective

Reaction Score
trouble when sanogo gets tripled team is he is still trying to take the shot and or passing it out to guards who arent hitting shots.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is obviously an amazing player. But there’s a reason that they back-to-basket big is extinct in the NBA now. Nothing that he does comes in the flow of the offense. Clingan is more effective
.....but isn't Clingan a back to the basket big as well?

Reaction Score
Clingan has 2 skills he hasn’t even used yet, passing and perimeter shooting inside foul line,plus he’s decent at the line. Get Clingan 30 minutes a game and good things are likely to happen.
Where does Sanogo go when Clingan is playing 30 minutes a game?

Reaction Score
I would agree that he is, but I think his offensive game is, for better or worse, much different than Sanogo's. Sanogo receives the ball and slowly and methodically looks to break his man (or men) down to eventually get a look at the basket. Clingan moves faster with the ball. If he doesn't immediately have an opening for a dunk or layup he passes it back out. He keeps the offense moving.

Reaction Score
I would agree that he is, but I think his offensive game is, for better or worse, much different than Sanogo's. Sanogo receives the ball and slowly and methodically looks to break his man (or men) down to eventually get a look at the basket. Clingan moves faster with the ball. If he doesn't immediately have an opening for a dunk or layup he passes it back out. He keeps the offense moving.
Fair point, but I would argue that's less a function of the type of player they are and more what they're asked to do. AS is asked to actually create his own shots. DC is asked to catch and score in the rhythm of the offense. At least in my view.

Reaction Score
Sure but that’s just a piece of his game. He’s way better in pick and roll because he can catch lobs and dunk. He rebounds way better, especially on offensive glass. And he’s a great rim protector. He doesn’t need post touches to provide value.

Reaction Score
Sure but that’s just a piece of his game. He’s way better in pick and roll because he can catch lobs and dunk. He rebounds way better, especially on offensive glass. And he’s a great rim protector. He doesn’t need post touches to provide value.
Adama’s lack of pick and roll offense is really frustrating

Reaction Score
This is not a rip Sanogo thread, we love him and are thrilled to have him but Clingan at 7’2” and great hands can do so much, plus better shot blocker and intimidator. Look at his production yesterday in just 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
our two best players should be on the floor as much as possible, start both!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom