R.J. Cole signs with BC Rytus Vilnius of the Lithuanian Basketball League | The Boneyard

R.J. Cole signs with BC Rytus Vilnius of the Lithuanian Basketball League

Reaction Score

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I knew a guy who played in Lithuania. Said all the non Americans on the team chain-smoked cigarettes at halftime.

Reaction Score
Did we already know this? Hey @alexd, is this your new favorite former UConn player? :)

Alternate access:
Former UConn guard RJ Cole signs contract with Lithuanian team
Ha!!! I'm still waiting for the first actual Lithuanian player to suit up for us. We've seen so many good ones come and go for other teams. At this point, I'd settle for a first generation Lithuanian-American or Lithuanian-Canadian. LOL
I actually mentioned this to Coach Hurley at his introduction at the Rent five years ago. He immendiately told me about playing at Seton Hall with Arturas Karnishovas (now VP of the Chicago Bulls).

Reaction Score
Ha!!! I'm still waiting for the first actual Lithuanian player to suit up for us. We've seen so many good ones come and go for other teams. At this point, I'd settle for a first generation Lithuanian-American or Lithuanian-Canadian. LOL
I actually mentioned this to Coach Hurley at his introduction at the Rent five years ago. He immendiately told me about playing at Seton Hall with Arturas Karnishovas (now VP of the Chicago Bulls).

Gilvydas Biruta played for Hurley at St. Benedict’s and Rhode Island (we purposefully don’t remember where he went in between). Arturas is basically like a dad to Biruta and the reason he ended up coming to the US and playing for Hurley in high school. Don’t give up hope!

Reaction Score
Gilvydas Biruta played for Hurley at St. Benedict’s and Rhode Island (we purposefully don’t remember where he went in between). Arturas is basically like a dad to Biruta and the reason he ended up coming to the US and playing for Hurley in high school. Don’t give up hope!
I remember biruta at that "school" lol he was actually serviceable right?

Reaction Score
I remember biruta at that "school" lol he was actually serviceable right?

Yeah, he was always a solid college player and is still playing professionally. He got caught up in the whole Rice thing, through no fault of his own, but was able to link back up with Hurley when it was best to move on.

Reaction Score
This and go to Serbia, go to the Balkaks. Lots of hidden gem talent in this area of the world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom