Quoted post link... | The Boneyard

Quoted post link...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When you are trying to find the parent of a quoted post, there's a little up arrow just to the right of the person's handle. Really useful. eg

So just to the right 'intlzncster said:' above.

For years, I've clicked this and it takes me to the parent. No problems. But just recently, it stopped working most of the time. Maybe 1 out of every 6 will return to the parent. The rest don't do anything. It's like the link is broken.

Any thoughts?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'll look into it. I had never known it was even an option. It's damn near hidden on my iPad.

What browser?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'll look into it. I had never known it was even an option. It's damn near hidden on my iPad.

What browser?

Chrome. No change iirc. Though maybe it was an update? Not sure on that one, as I can't remember when it started giving me issues.

It's actually a pretty nifty feature.

I also like to use it when I reply to somebody and there's a ton of posts left in the thread. I just hit the arrow in the quote in my own post. And it takes me back to the post I was replying to.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Further explanation
: the links that don't work are somehow broken, but still appear to be there. What I mean is, I try to right-click 'open in new tab' and nothing happens. But oddly enough, if I hover over it, the link to the parent post appears on the info bar at the bottom. So it's there. What's more, the arrow still operates as a button, so I can physically push it down; It just doesn't do anything.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Try a different browser.

Just tried Opera and I have the same problem. And then I tried MS Edge, and it actually works. hmmm Not sure what's going on.

Don't have FF installed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom