Quote of The Game | The Boneyard

Quote of The Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This from Storm's field general:

"Anyone can get lucky; anyone can have a great game, a la myself in Game 5 [of the semifinals]. Anybody can have one night. But for somebody who consistently has presence and consistently wants the ball and is consistently winning your team basketball games, that's an MVP. Stewie showed that tonight, but in all honesty, she's been showing it all season."

Stewart plays like the MVP she is in Storm's Game 2 win

"What made this an MVP-type game is down the stretch, she wanted the ball," Storm point guard Sue Bird said of Stewart, who was 7-of-13 from the field and 10-of-14 from the line Sunday. "She was posting up hard. We want to get her the ball, and she finished the plays off."

Now, if Geno was coaching he'd be quiping about those 2 missed free throws. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This from Storm's field general:

"Anyone can get lucky; anyone can have a great game, a la myself in Game 5 [of the semifinals]. Anybody can have one night. But for somebody who consistently has presence and consistently wants the ball and is consistently winning your team basketball games, that's an MVP. Stewie showed that tonight, but in all honesty, she's been showing it all season."

Stewart plays like the MVP she is in Storm's Game 2 win

"What made this an MVP-type game is down the stretch, she wanted the ball," Storm point guard Sue Bird said of Stewart, who was 7-of-13 from the field and 10-of-14 from the line Sunday. "She was posting up hard. We want to get her the ball, and she finished the plays off."

Now, if Geno was coaching he'd be quiping about those 2 missed free throws. ;)

Actually, in the post game interview, Holly asked Stewie what happened with her two missed free throws? Stewie said. 'I don't know but you can bet I will be practicing my free throws :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Actually, in the post game interview, Holly asked Stewie what happened with her two missed free throws? Stewie said. 'I don't know but you can bet I will be practicing my free throws :)
And Sue referred to a "certain someone" who missed the 2 FTs.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And Sue referred to a "certain someone" who missed the 2 FTs.

I seem to recall that in one of Sue Bird's comments, she huddled her team together after the 2 missed free throws and said something like

"As a team, we had better play great defense on this last possession. Otherwise, those 2 missed free throws will be the focus on why we lost and our team mate does not deserve that". Hardcore

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I seem to recall that in one of Sue Bird's comments, she huddled her team together after the 2 missed free throws and said something like

"As a team, we had better play great defense on this last possession. Otherwise, those 2 missed free throws will be the focus on why we lost and our team mate does not deserve that". Hardcore
Sue was definitely focused on "what do we do now?" rather than dwelling on the missed FTs. She was trying to get them to focus. Veteran move!

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score

Classy, Classy, Classy. This is why she has ALWAYS commanded her teammates' ear and they follow her instruction as best they can.

Reaction Score
A victory to be proud of. To win a game when your opponent plays so well and your team is struggling is special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom