Quirk in the UCONN schedule. | The Boneyard

Quirk in the UCONN schedule.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but UCONN starts the season with and Exhibition game against VanGuard on November 4th then opens the regular season against Ohio State on the 11th. Followed by a another exhibition game against Southern Connecticut on the 15th? Why? How did this happen?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but UCONN starts the season with and Exhibition game against VanGuard on November 4th then opens the regular season against Ohio State on the 11th. Followed by a another exhibition game against Southern Connecticut on the 15th? Why? How did this happen?

I noticed that when the schedule first came out and thought it was a mistake. Apparently not. UConn always plays 2 exhibition games because it plays home games in two arenas. I guess this was the only way to get the Ohio State game to fit. Strange.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I saw that as well. This season is shaping up as tOSU's worst in years, having lost 6 of their top players and partially replacing them with 5 grad transfers. The question in my mind is who will give the Huskies the best game, Vanguard, tOSU or SoConn? :confused:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I saw that as well. This season is shaping up as tOSU's worst in years, having lost 6 of their top players and partially replacing them with 5 grad transfers. The question in my mind is who will give the Huskies the best game, Vanguard, tOSU or SoConn? :confused:
Ouch! That's some major buckeye shade right there.

Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away...............I have no idea how good or bad Ohio State will be this year but I also have no idea how well UConn will play straight out of the gate............they could crush Ohio State by forty or they could squeak by them by three...........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Let's not get carried away.....I have no idea how good or bad Ohio State will be this year but I also have no idea how well UConn will play straight out of the gate..they could crush Ohio State by forty or they could squeak by them by three......
Really? Even when McGuff had a veteran team with 7 HS AA's UConn was 30+ pts better. He's lost 6 veteran players, roughly 93% of his scoring from last season. This year, the only thing that will keep this game under 30 pts is if Geno plays it like just another preseason game, emptying his bench early.

Reaction Score
Really? Even when McGuff had a veteran team with 7 HS AA's UConn was 30+ pts better. He's lost 6 veteran players, roughly 93% of his scoring from last season. This year, the only thing that will keep this game under 30 pts is if Geno plays it like just another preseason game, emptying his bench early.

I view this group as an unproven commodity....................the steel that was the backbone of the team is gone.......................I'm waiting to see who's going to step up before I can predict 30+ point wins against even a semi-decent team..............

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I view this group as an unproven commodity.....the steel that was the backbone of the team is gone........I'm waiting to see who's going to step up before I can predict 30+ point wins against even a semi-decent team....
Yes, the Huskies lost some players, but they have two returning AA's along with one of the best pg's in the nation. tOSU lost everyone and they pieced together a bunch of 5th year seniors to replace them from such big time WBB powerhouses as Ball St, Cleveland St, Bowling Green, LaSalle and Pacific. The game will be played in CT. Add in Geno vs McGuff and this game will get ugly very quickly.

Reaction Score
Yes, the Huskies lost some players, but they have two returning AA's along with one of the best pg's in the nation. tOSU lost everyone and they pieced together a bunch of 5th year seniors to replace them from such big time WBB powerhouses as Ball St, Cleveland St, Bowling Green, LaSalle and Pacific. The game will be played in CT. Add in Geno vs McGuff and this game will get ugly very quickly.

Understood and I will be pleased to watch them take Ohio State apart but let's remember it's early days...............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom