Quick thoughts | The Boneyard

Quick thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We got beat - The Bad:

Bad loss. Scary thing is Yale didn't play well. I take it back awful loss!

We're aren't a very smart team basketball-wise. It would take way too long to mention the plays tonight that prove that.

We can't shoot the ball. Sam Jr can on occasion but that's it.

For those who have made Kentan a star, this was a game to prove it. He was manhandled everywhere and has a long ways to go.

Boat was 80-85% and should have played that way instead of making all of those awful decisions. Horrid game by him. You can talk about gallant effort, I talk about too many bad decisions and forcing things.

With Terrence Samuel playing as much as he had to again, we won't beat a lot of teams. Can't have a non-factor out on offense that long.

Real awful call by the stripes on the foul on Brimah when Sears therew himself into him. It's a no call and nothing else. It hurt!

Outrebound Texas and then this? People need to look in the mirror. Yale got most of the loose balls and team rebounds.

DHam needs to shoot it when open.

How do you throw a cross court pass under the basket? :confused:

I hope the Ferrari just has a flat tire because otherwise that year off has left him as Ajou!

The Good

:oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great points except for interjecting the refs. I have no complaints about the officiating, mainly because its all directed at the team.

Reaction Score
Great points except for interjecting the refs. I have no complaints about the officiating, mainly because its all directed at the team.

Not blaming them but it was an AWFUL call. It really was, nothing there against AB. That did not lose the game by any means, they lost it well before then!

Reaction Score
The good was that Brimah was 4-4 on dunks, and our starting frontcourt was 6-6.

Reaction Score
The good also was Boat did not re-injure his ankle on that last 'dagger' shot.

Reaction Score
They just didn't play that hard. They had no snap. You knew they were in for it early. The point about Yale getting all the loose balls is a good one. That's the game right there. Team didn't care enough.

Reaction Score
The good also was Boat did not re-injure his ankle on that last 'dagger' shot.

The bad was Boat played! Love him and his effort all the time but he should have been the decoy most of the time at 80% rather than trying to go squeeze through holes that weren't there.

Reaction Score
This team is so frustrating to watch. I refuse to think this is what Ollie teaches. I'm dumbfounded that this was the final product. Sloppy passes, weak perimeter defense. Look back at last year's tournament. You had off nights offensively but you always had defense.

Reaction Score
Outebounded decisively and only ONE offensive rebound. Never penetrated the zone. Could keep on going.

Reaction Score
6-6? Facey doesn't count? Nolan's dunk, ehh miss doesn't count?

Did Facey miss one while I had my head turned? The "starting frontcourt" caveat was a veiled reference to Nolan missing.

Reaction Score
Did Facey miss one while I had my head turned? The "starting frontcourt" caveat was a veiled reference to Nolan missing.

He threw an air ball and also a rimmer.......I saw 0-2

Reaction Score
This team is so frustrating to watch. I refuse to think this is what Ollie teaches. I'm dumbfounded that this was the final product. Sloppy passes, weak perimeter defense. Look back at last year's tournament. You had off nights offensively but you always had defense.

For as much credit as KO deservedly gets for last year, this year's team is just beyond lost - not a great level of talent, which falls on his shoulders as he's recruited pretty much everyone but Boat, and definitely not a whole lot of team fluidity.

TSam is painful to watch sometimes, he just does absolutely nothing on offense and even his defense has taken a step back. Cassell's "old man game" is much more old man than game right now. Nolan is good for taking a charge a game and almost nothing else. Facey would be a decent supporting piece on a team with a lot of offensive options but he's next to useless on that end of the court with this squad, so when he's out there with TSam or Nolan that's two or even three guys the other team never has to worry about. Hamilton is great but can't save us. Boat is explosive and says the right thing but I just don't think he's the same caliber as Bazz or Kemba, which is less a knock on him than a referendum of what we've come to expect from our lead guards. I was all aboard the "Brimah is a lottery pick" bandwagon but, as much as I love the kid, it isn't happening anytime soon. Outside of finishing alley oops, he has all of one or two post moves and they're so obvious and slow to develop that even guys he has a size advantage on can easily stop him.

It sounds crazy to say, but without winning the AAC tournament, or somehow miraculously beating Duke and Florida and running the table in conference, we're on the outside looking in tournament wise - and it's only December

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Not too many posts anymore about stone not coming because he is afraid of playing behind 30 and 15 brimah.

Reaction Score
Here's some real grasping at straws:
  • I'm happy Boat missed against Texas and Yale vs missing in last year's NC
  • I'm happy those buzzer 3-pointers went in against Texas and Yale vs that long 3 towards the end against Arizona and Kentucky in 2011
  • I'm happy.....oh nevermind, I'm pretty sad....... going to bed

Reaction Score
Not blaming them but it was an AWFUL call. It really was, nothing there against AB. That did not lose the game by any means, they lost it well before then!

We got one back on that charge that Phil took. He was moving and put two hands on him.

Reaction Score
We got one back on that charge that Phil took. He was moving and put two hands on him.

Yeah I agree on that call. But I'm talking last 15 seconds where the whistles are critical. It was a real bad call considering who created the contact and AB's hands never came down!

Reaction Score
We had one offensive rebound and got boxed out by a weaker team like I've never seen. ONE OFFENSIVE REBOUND. Facey is one of my favorite players but I'm kind of shocked at how poorly he played and got pushed around. I understand that we're sort of young but what's up with the choking? I think we would've been better off without Boatright tonight. When he turned it over (at least 5 times) he made sure Yale went coast to coast for a layup. I usually stand clear of the BY after losses but this was an exception. Total disgrace and I need to vent. I'll see you in a couple days.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree on that call. But I'm talking last 15 seconds where the whistles are critical. It was a real bad call considering who created the contact and AB's hands never came down![/QUO
Yup, but if they did everything else that you stated the refs would have been a none factor. Not arguing at all Mau, just highly upset with these players!

Reaction Score

We're on the same page. As I said this loss has nothing to do with the refereeing, they deserved the L.

Reaction Score
He threw an air ball and also a rimmer..I saw 0-2

You missed a word in my post. I said 6-6 on dunks (Brimah 4-4, Hamilton 2-2 on fast breaks). We're just not connecting - our chemistry is off.

Reaction Score
They've got 9 days to think this one over. If it doesn't occur to them that this is a team game, it will be a long season. Too much one on one early and then when the game is on the line nobody wants to shoot.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I was at the game. Refs were a total non factr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom