Quick question re: Boston | The Boneyard

Quick question re: Boston

Reaction Score
Went on the ND message board.. apparently they think Boston is going there.... Thought from many on here she was a lock.. I’m getting pretty nervous .. the fact she has been to UCONN many times and been to several games and hasn’t committed yet. I believe Boston is the biggest get.. UCONN is in much need of a true post player. Let’s hope she ends up as a husky!! All this waiting is making me nervous!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lots of jokers on here! :p

Go on vacation for a while or take up a new hobby! And stay off the N.D. board! They won the championship and got Brunelle, so they feel confident and may be overconfident. Keep in mind that Brunelle lost her offer to UConn, so N.D. was really her second choice.

Boston could go to N.D. That would be a bad sign if we lost a player from Massachusetts to N.D. But I dolt think it will happen. She is a bright person. She'll see Tina Charles playing in Tenerife and listen to Jewell Loyd's words that it's better to be playing with the Huskies than against them. She'll also want to be near her aunt in Massachusetts. I think we'll get Aliyah, though I am not 100% certain. Try to chill!

In terms of our needs, Aliyah may be the most important recruit, though both Jones and Horston are phenomenal players. If we miss on Boston, we need to fast track Olivia and get Brink and Gusters in 2020.

Reaction Score
Lots of jokers on here! :p

Go on vacation for a while or take up a new hobby! And stay off the N.D. board! They won the championship and got Brunelle, so they feel confident and may be overconfident. Keep in mind that Brunelle lost her offer to UConn, so N.D. was really her second choice.

Boston could go to N.D. That would be a bad sign if we lost a player from Massachusetts to N.D. But I dolt think it will happen. She is a bright person. She'll see Tina Charles playing in Tenerife and listen to Jewell Loyd's words that it's better to be playing with the Huskies than against them. She'll also want to be near her aunt in Massachusetts. I think we'll get Aliyah, though I am not 100% certain. Try to chill!

In terms of our needs, Aliyah may be the most important recruit, though both Jones and Horston are phenomenal players. If we miss on Boston, we need to fast track Olivia and get Brink and Gusters in 2020.

Also a positive sign Aliyah’s parents will be with her during her official visit in Storrs. I think that is the only official visit her parents will be with her

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That right there should mean something. Let's hope the parents have the deciding and extremely influential "swing" vote. I think it would be very difficult for them for vote (decide/condone) for a school they had not visited. If they are not visiting any other school, that gives me more comfort about her potential decision to come to Storrs than anything else posted here. Prayers said, and fingers crossed.

Lots of other 2019 top ranked recruits have announced their commitments. It's about time that one the UConn "coveted" recruits breaks her silence, and starts the ball rolling with a thunderous announcement that she coming to UConn.............don't you think? :rolleyes:

Post Edit - UConnCat, Ol' "buzz-kill" herself, just posted a comment below that the parents were in South Bend. Just when I was starting to feel good about this. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Also a positive sign Aliyah’s parents will be with her during her official visit in Storrs. I think that is the only official visit her parents will be with her
And, just a few weeks later, Geno and his team will be down in St Thomas at the Paradise Jam. I’m expecting Mr & Mrs Boston will be seated right behind UConn’s bench as Geno’s guests.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are we sure her parents weren't in South Bend?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Went on the ND message board.. apparently they think Boston is going there.... Thought from many on here she was a lock.. I’m getting pretty nervous .. the fact she has been to UCONN many times and been to several games and hasn’t committed yet. I believe Boston is the biggest get.. UCONN is in much need of a true post player. Let’s hope she ends up as a husky!! All this waiting is making me nervous!!
Waiting bothered the heck out of Carly Simon ,too.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Are we sure her parents weren't in South Bend?
Don’t know, but suspect not, or the ND folks would have been all over it. I also suspect that Boston’s parents will spend some quality time with Aunt Jenaire in nearby MA, something they can do every time they come up to watch their “little girl” play.

Reaction Score
Curious as to the source of that information?
This is the photo from Boston twitter, 9-3-18 after visiting ND. But she did not wear a ND t-shirt (like the other 3 photos) so not sure it was shot at ND or not?

Screenshot (2).png

Aliyah A. Boston (@aa_boston) | Twitter

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just don't drive a cab there! or that matter, don't attempt to drive anything there and at all costs stay away from the Storrow and the leaky boondoggle tunnel which is going to be Sylvester Stallone's next rescue movie any day.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Could also have been photoshopped by Dillon77...:rolleyes:

Hah! My colleague Baba Ghanouj is the one who does best with the graphics over at the Bench. I'm in between this and that, but all reports were that her parents were both at ND and her mom wrote a tweet about how much she loved the ND-Michigan game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom