Question | The Boneyard

Question

What Conference Do You Want UConn to Be In?

• ACC

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Big 10

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm going with ACC purely from a basketball standpoint. I would love to keep the games with Syracuse and Pitt, renew the old rivalry with BC and start playing Duke & UNC in XL and Gampel.

Reaction Score
Picked the Big 10 because of money and security. I'm a basketball fan first and foremost and the ACC would be amazing in that aspect, but if FSU and others start leaving and we're suddenly in an unstable conference again it wouldn't have been worth it.

Reaction Score
Big ten, big ten, big ten. Better football conference. MSU, OSU, Indiana. Michigan and Wisconsin just as big as the ACC powers right now. Oh yeah, that would also allow me to watch some games in person being that I live in Michigan.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Picked the Big 10 because of money and security. I'm a basketball fan first and foremost and the ACC would be amazing in that aspect, but if FSU and others start leaving and we're suddenly in an unstable conference again it wouldn't have been worth it.
Exactly my thinking and why I voted big ten.

Reaction Score
Since I'm primarily a UConn basketball fan, and simply a casual fan of our other athletic programs, I would have to vote for the ACC. I realize the ACC is much more unstable, but watching UNC and Duke run out onto the floor at Gampel or the XL would be worth some stability IMO. Plus, I want to devour BC's soul.

Reaction Score
Good question. When this whole realignment stuff started I was for us going to the ACC. But for me the B10 is the more stable conference. Think about it are they ever going to get raided? If you add us the basketball is on pair if not better than the ACC. IU, MU, OU, MSt, and Uconn vs. Duke, NC, SU and just this year NCst. Then there is no comparison after that Wisconsin and Purdue for the most part are better then the rest of the ACC

Reaction Score
Good question. When this whole realignment stuff started I was for us going to the ACC. But for me the B10 is the more stable conference. Think about it are they ever going to get raided? If you add us the basketball is on pair if not better than the ACC. IU, MU, OU, MSt, and Uconn vs. Duke, NC, SU and just this year NCst. Then there is no comparison after that Wisconsin and Purdue for the most part are better then the rest of the ACC
NC State is not just this year. They will be a good to great team from now on.

Reaction Score

Yes they are recruiting better. But they have suck for a very long time. About as long as you are old. Proof it is were they are!

Reaction Score
To me this one is easy...ACC. We still get to keep our old rivals with Syracuse and PITT which we thought were going to lose. Other rivals renewed with BC, VA tech(even though they were never a rival), and the chance to play Duke and UNC every year would be great. The Big 10 just seems a little boring to me from a basketball viewpoint. Yes they have Indiana, MSU, and Ohio St but other then that im not really impressed. Plus if we go to the ACC it makes more sense geographically so we dont have to travel to the midwest for every game. Only down side to this would be no more MSG but thats the case wherever we land.

Reaction Score
the one where we play in MSG...best part of playing in the Big East is tourney time

Reaction Score
I've always loved the Big East, and no matter what happens I'll always have a soft spot for the conference that has given us so many memories as UConn fans. That being said, it's pretty clear that the Big East is now a sinking ship. The Big 10 offers more stability, but the ACC entices me more as a basketball fan. Given the direction that the BE is heading, I'd be happy to land in either conference.

Reaction Score
If no one else leaves the ACC and it keeps the autobid longterm, than def. ACC. However, this seems like a highly unlikely scenario. Therefore, I went with the big 10. Big 10 isn't going anywhere. We would be the number one basketball school. Sure we would get killed in football for 5-10 years. However, it would be a huge help in recruiting. A big 10 membership and an amazing practice facility will do wonders for recruiting.

caw

Reaction Score

Not the best night to say this (so far down 46-31 to OKST). CJ Leslie fouled out with 15 minutes to go.

Big Ten by far. I would rank the BBall programs like this:

1-4: Duke, UNC, Indiana, MSU - no order
4-7: Michigan, OSU, Cuse - no order

8-9: NCSt, Maryland - no order
10-13: Pitt, Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue - no order

Not sure there is a huge advantage for the ACC.

Reaction Score
I read Maryland Board of Directors is voting tomorrow. Rutgers will follow suit. It sounds like the dominos should start falling soon. No inside sources, just ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom