Question on Tuesday's coaches' show | The Boneyard

Question on Tuesday's coaches' show

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The main site for UConn [uconnhuskies.com] indicates that they have a coach's show on Tuesday
at 6:00. They list it for 'audio' only. I assume this means that SNY will not be involved...correct?
If we tune in at that time, is it reasonable to think that Geno will already know the results of Paige's MRI and that is the place where
the news will be 'breaking'?

Do we have any indication that it may be going public sooner than that? I did read that the MRI might happen Monday... or later than that.
Fingers still crossed....a combo of annoying and irrelevant and painful.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn will probably email out a press release with more information sometime today.

Reaction Score
The main site for UConn [uconnhuskies.com] indicates that they have a coach's show on Tuesday
at 6:00. They list it for 'audio' only. I assume this means that SNY will not be involved...correct?
If we tune in at that time, is it reasonable to think that Geno will already know the results of Paige's MRI and that is the place where
the news will be 'breaking'?

Do we have any indication that it may be going public sooner than that? I did read that the MRI might happen Monday... or later than that.
Fingers still crossed....a combo of annoying and irrelevant and painful.
We'll learn shortly after they are certain of the diagnosis. First, they have to contain swelling. Then, they will do an MRI or a series of them. Then, those results will be studied. Finally, a diagnosis will be issued. It could take 2-5 days, I should think. It was a "non contact " injury, as we know, so that is always suggestive of the worst. We can only hope for the best. Would be tragic for Paige and all who love her. Even her staunchest opponents want to beat UCONN at full strength.

Reaction Score
I saw Haley Jones missed a game, no announcement that I saw. I know Stanford apparently has a policy of never saying anything, or maybe that is just Tara. Do any conferences have a policy, they just leave it to the schools, or the schools just leave it to the head coaches? I guess you have to get the players permission before you release, or maybe you get a release from the player at the start of the season? Seems like all those gamblers would be fighting to get info, the more that is secret, the greater the chance for abuse. I assume that is why the NFL has disclosure rules. Too much money bet on Sunday's games to keep injuries secret.

Reaction Score
I saw Haley Jones missed a game, no announcement that I saw. I know Stanford apparently has a policy of never saying anything, or maybe that is just Tara. Do any conferences have a policy, they just leave it to the schools, or the schools just leave it to the head coaches? I guess you have to get the players permission before you release, or maybe you get a release from the player at the start of the season? Seems like all those gamblers would be fighting to get info, the more that is secret, the greater the chance for abuse. I assume that is why the NFL has disclosure rules. Too much money bet on Sunday's games to keep injuries secret.
Tara might have been out walking her dog again and not available to receive or answer calls from the media or other parties. That appears to be something she does when one of her key players gets injured. (Like when the NCAA selection committee called her regarding player injury status the year they lost to Harvard.)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Boy: that Stanford/Harvard game goes waaay back. As I recall Harvard was a 16 seed and Stanford a one seed.
Stanford had a couple of very late injuries [which may not have been fully acknowledged by the school].
The committee kept them at the one seed...how much did they know of the injuries? That might have been the first 16 to beat a one seed on the women's side...maybe the only time? My recollection is that Harvard may well have been underseeded...they had one player who was an elite type. Stanford might have been better off with a 2 seed and faced someone else who was truly a 15.

Reaction Score
Boy: that Stanford/Harvard game goes waaay back. As I recall Harvard was a 16 seed and Stanford a one seed.
Stanford had a couple of very late injuries [which may not have been fully acknowledged by the school].
The committee kept them at the one seed...how much did they know of the injuries? That might have been the first 16 to beat a one seed on the women's side...maybe the only time? My recollection is that Harvard may well have been underseeded...they had one player who was an elite type. Stanford might have been better off with a 2 seed and faced someone else who was truly a 15.

Stanford had two great players knocked out with injuries. Vanessa Nygaard tore her ACL in the PAC tournament finals. However they were slow with the diagnosis, and Stanford didn't give any info to the selection committee. As mentioned above, the committee tried to contact Tara but she didn't answer. Claimed to be out walking her dog. Then a couple days later, Kristin Folkl, Stanford's leading scorer and rebounder, went down with another ACL.

As for Harvard, they seemed to be underseeded - with a 23-4 record going into the tournament. Their All-American forward Allison Feaster had 35 points and 13 rebounds vs Stanford.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I hope some Boneyarders will tune in to the coach's show tonight at 6:00...and report back on the board.

Thoughts on Paige's situation...same for Azzi...same for Aubrey...possible rotation during their absence.
Lots of topics... fans would love some info.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom