Question on the Olympic team | The Boneyard

Question on the Olympic team

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This was raised in an earlier thread. I offered my best guess at an answer, but I don't recall a definitive answer.

On what date is the Olympic team final?

All I am getting at is the injury factor. Dee and Seimone are hobbling; however, they should be good to go within than 6 weeks (I certainly hope). However, if their injuries are more serious than curently believed, or, perhaps more likely, if someone gets hurt in WNBA play, we may need one or more alternates. I'm thinking there is some date beyond which there are no substitutions--the team goes with the 12 named players as of some date less any injured players.

Does this sound right? If so, what's the key date?

Reaction Score
I heard C Dupree has already been named an alternate. "
The top four teams from each preliminary round group will advance to the Aug. 7 quarterfinals, with the winners playing in the semifinals on Aug. 9 and the medal games on Aug. 11." Is that the answer you were looking for?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's good to hear that we have an alternate.

Here's a more concrete version of the question with an awful hypothetical scenario:

Sue Bird tears her ACL on _______ (fill in the date). Team USA replaces her with Lindsey Harding or Renee Montgomery (for example). What's the last day on which we can make such a roster change? I'm betting that it is well before August 11.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Terrible mojo, milford. Strike that post. PLEASE!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Terrible mojo, milford. Strike that post. PLEASE!
I agree and had concerns while writing it. For some reason, I cannot edit or delete from my phone tonight.

Revised scenario: One of our PGs has an injury that will keep her out for a month ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom