Question on Latest AP Poll | The Boneyard

Question on Latest AP Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can some of you more seasoned members explain why UConn's poll points went down and Notre Dame's went up from the previous week after UConn beat Notre Dame? I realize the position didn't change but the points seemed to go in the wrong direction.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The current poll is dated the 5th of March. The game was played on the 6th.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
The current poll is dated the 5th of March. The game was played on the 6th.

Well now --- there's a great example of Boneyarders providing informed (and wise) answers to some of life's biggest mysteries. Well done, vtcwbuff !!!!

The Boneyard IS an extraordinary place.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the input, I guess I was confused because the records shown on the poll reflect UConn after winning and Notre Dame after losing. Not sure why they would do that if the game wasn't considered.

JS

Reaction Score
Thanks for the input, I guess I was confused because the records shown on the poll reflect UConn after winning and Notre Dame after losing. Not sure why they would do that if the game wasn't considered.
The AP poll is taken once a week and comes out each Monday. In the meantime, sites showing the rankings generally stay updated with current won-lost records.

Reaction Score
JS, I accept your explanation, but that very same poll(on ESPN) does not show Baylor at 32-0 it still shows them at 31-0 which added to my obvious confusion. Thanks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As a former Esq. I would suggest the site drop a footnote (which, of course, will be ignore) to avoid future confusion (which it won't) and that is one reason why I am a "former". Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom