Question on Free Throw Shooting Rules | The Boneyard

Question on Free Throw Shooting Rules

Reaction Score
Was just curious, yesterday after Dorka went down, Aaliyah took the free throws that Dorka would have been shooting. I imagine if Uconn had been allowed to pick the free throw shooter, they would have chosen Azzi or Paige so just curious what the rule is in that situation when the person that gets fouled is injured and not able to shoot the free throws.

Reaction Score
Was just curious, yesterday after Dorka went down, Aaliyah took the free throws that Dorka would have been shooting. I imagine if Uconn had been allowed to pick the free throw shooter, they would have chosen Azzi or Paige so just curious what the rule is in that situation when the person that gets fouled is injured and not able to shoot the free throws.
The player that subs must shoot the foul shots.

Reaction Score
The player that subs must shoot the foul shots.
Yep. That distinguishes a personal foul from a technical foul which allows any player to shoot,,, And once that player is subbed for, he/she cannot reenter the game...

Reaction Score
or is it that the other team can choose between the remaining four players and the player subbing for the injured player - in either case, it would end up being edwards here.

Reaction Score
Did the refs review that foul? I didn’t hear the commentators mention that and the cameras were focused on Dorka.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom