Question on final four? | The Boneyard

Question on final four?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I am still a bit confused by the new set-up. Are the semi-final matchups set in stone...
regardless of which teams win their 4 team pods? Whether we win our pod in Seattle or not...does that winner
automatically play the winner of the Greenville 1 pod [with South Carolina] or the Greenville 2 pod [with Villanova]?

Or...can the NCAA committee switch pod winners around....presumably for more entertaining games?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I am still a bit confused by the new set-up. Are the semi-final matchups set in stone...
regardless of which teams win their 4 team pods? Whether we win our pod in Seattle or not...does that winner
automatically play the winner of the Greenville 1 pod [with South Carolina] or the Greenville 2 pod [with Villanova]?

Or...can the NCAA committee switch pod winners around....presumably for more entertaining games?
They are set, the Greenville 1 plays the Seattle 4 and the Greenville 2 plays the Seattle 3. Just like it has always been in the FF 1 seed plays the 4 seed, while the 2 seed plays the 3 seed.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Appreciate that! So we have a possible UConn/'Nova semifinal...wonder what the Vegas
odds on that happening was right after Selection Sunday?

On the other side: a possible South Carolina/Iowa semi would get viewers...Caitlin Clark an
eye-catcher.

Reaction Score
We did it in Stewie's freshman year with ND. Went 1-3 that year against ND, but won the most important of the four games.

Reaction Score
UConn-Villanova rematch, in my view, is a distinct possibility. Geno has often said that a team with the best player is hard to beat. At this point, the odds favor Villanova and Iowa both reaching the Final Four.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom