Question On Coaching | The Boneyard

Question On Coaching

Reaction Score
Do coaches tell players not to take certain types of shots? The reason I ask this is because Tarin Smith, Sid Wilson, and Brendan Adams continued to shoot from 3 all year even though they were all at about 23% and often these shots were uncontested. Even good shooters have bad games like Polley was 0-6 today but shouldn’t the coach be telling these guys “ look your less than 25%, we’d rather have you shoot from closer in.” That would have left 4 better shooters to Jack 3’s for us. Maybe Hurley thought that this is the price for their development this year with no choice using this roster, but that wasn’t Smith’s problem. Offense is run to get open shots for players and sometimes these bricklayers are the ones allowed to be open I guess.

Reaction Score
Can’t say for sure on Hurley, but this teams offense flows as a drive and kick offense. Nobody on the floor aside from Jalen and AG can take the ball and create open looks. With our team, if you have an open look due to our guards driving, you can’t pass up the shot. I’d expect the future to be more of the guards (new and BA) to learn how to be a secondary creator, ie if AG drives/kicks, our new players will be able to either shoot or hot fake and create/kick back out. This is why we see teams like Houston do so well. They have guys 1-4 that can create and make smart decisions with the ball.

I think I rambled a bit, my brain spins faster than my words...my bad

Reaction Score
That is the kind of offense I just watched Nate Oates Buffalo do, of course they have serious rebounders which we don’t have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom