Question on ACC GOR | The Boneyard

Question on ACC GOR

Reaction Score
How much would an ACC school lose if it leaves early?
And how much more would a school make if in the SEC (or BiG)?

i thought I saw that GOR losses were like $150m? But if they can make 30-40M more per year in the SEC …. Can recoup that pretty quickly.

Reaction Score

i thought I saw that GOR losses were like $150m? But if they can make 30-40M more per year in the SEC …. Can recoup that pretty quickly.
Likely closer to 200 million. Plus I believe their is also an exit fee. No school, minus ND could swing that or would want too. It would be insane to move this far out. 10 years from now? Katy bar the door.

Reaction Score

The GOR losses to UT & OK if they were to leave the B12 now was estimated at $150-$160MM. That's based on a contract that's due to expire in 2025.

The problem with ACC schools is that they're locked into a GOR until 2036.

That's $30+MM/year for 15 years that would be lost IF the GOR holds. Everyone has their own opinion on if a GOR really holds a school captive but, nobody has attempted to fight it yet.

Until that happens we all have to assume nobody is leaving the ACC for a while

Reaction Score

GOR from my understanding was all the money the school made from media deals belongs to the conference and the conference pays the schools. So if a team leaves the ACC and takes the 50 million from the BiG 10 the check goes to the acc because they own the schools media rights

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom