Question for UConn fans | The Boneyard

Question for UConn fans

Reaction Score
What was your seed the year you won championship with Napier ?
7. Upset Villanova the 2 then beat Michigan state in the elite 8. Beat Florida in the final four as a rematch. Then beat Kentucky the 8 seed, who I believe beat Wichita who was the 1 seed in the rd of 32

Reaction Score
Actually should have phrased this question better . What was your seed I think you were like a. Eight seed entering the Big East championship and you went on to win eleven straight . What was your seed in NCAA that year ?

Reaction Score
2011 you mean? They finished 9-9 in the Big east, good for a three way tie for 9th place in the conference. I guess they got the better end of a tie breaker over the two other 9-9 teams if memory serves me correctly. Won 5 in 5 days as we all know, got a 3 seed and went into the tourney 26-9, won 6 more. They were 23-0 outside the Big east for the season including 14-0 in single elimination games (there was also an early season tourney). This shows how hard the Big east was that year. BE 2009 and BE 2011 were two of the best conferences ever.
First D1 team ever to play 41 games too, as an interesting tid bit.

Last edited:

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Actually should have phrased this question better . What was your seed I think you were like a. Eight seed entering the Big East championship and you went on to win eleven straight . What was your seed in NCAA that year ?

this guy is confused cause there’s too many titles for a Friar fan to fathom..

2011 - 3 seed after winning 5-in-5 at MSG
2014 - 7 seed (first to ever win as 7 seed)

Shabazz on both squads

Reaction Score
That Kentucky team clicked and was playing like a 1 seed late in the season, too. I was so worried about how we would handle their front court with Randle/Lee/Johnson. By the way, how about the Harrison twins both ending up being busts professionally? They were soooo hyped up going into college.

Reaction Score
That Kentucky team clicked and was playing like a 1 seed late in the season, too. I was so worried about how we would handle their front court with Randle/Lee/Johnson. By the way, how about the Harrison twins both ending up being busts professionally? They were soooo hyped up going into college.

We beat some very good teams in that tourney run, Florida, M. St and ISU were all very good

Reaction Score
2011 you mean? They finished 9-9 in the Big east, good for a three way tie for 9th place in the conference. I guess they got the better end of a tie breaker over the two other 9-9 teams if memory serves me correctly. Won 5 in 5 days as we all know, got a 3 seed and went into the tourney 26-9, won 6 more. They were 23-0 outside the Big east for the season including 14-0 in single elimination games (there was also an early season tourney). This shows how hard the Big east was that year. BE 2009 and BE 2011 were two of the best conferences ever.
First D1 team ever to play 41 games too, as an interesting tid bit.

The early season tournament was the Maui Classic and we beat Kentucky like a drum in that one, 84-67. The first half lead was well over 20 and the Kentucky fans were stunned from the start. Not bad shooting 57.5% on 2's, 58.3% on 3's and 89.5% on FT's. Out rebounded them 29 to 28 and had 16 assists to their 9.

Shows how far we've fallen, but when you see where schools like Buffalo are today it's inconceivable that we won't be back................at least to us.

Reaction Score
I had zero nerves for that game. Never been that confident heading into a big game, it was weird. I felt like beating Florida was the championship.

Reaction Score
this guy is confused cause there’s too many titles for a Friar fan to fathom..

2011 - 3 seed after winning 5-in-5 at MSG
2014 - 7 seed (first to ever win as 7 seed)

Shabazz on both squads

When was the last time Providence made the sweet 16?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yeah the committee put their thumb in Wichita’s eye when they stuck them with Kentucky as an 8.

In case you were wondering who they carry the water for...

Reaction Score
I had zero nerves for that game. Never been that confident heading into a big game, it was weird. I felt like beating Florida was the championship.
I was freaking out until Boat's baseline reverse and then I was like "oh never mind we got this"

Reaction Score
7. Upset Villanova the 2 then beat Michigan state in the elite 8. Beat Florida in the final four as a rematch. Then beat Kentucky the 8 seed, who I believe beat Wichita who was the 1 seed in the rd of 32
I believe all of those teams were ranked number one sometime that season aside from st joes and Iowa state. Uf was like 23 weeks on top. We book ended their season with the last 2 losses they had that year.

Reaction Score

Kromah in that game was like the super senior taking Harrisons lunch.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
You're a special breed to have zero nerves heading into a national championship against a scorching hot Kentucky team riddled with pros.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom