Question: Besides UConn Who are Your #1 Seeds | The Boneyard

Question: Besides UConn Who are Your #1 Seeds

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
My Number one Seeds are UConn, Baylor (if they win B12), Oregon St and then its a Toss Up between So Carolina and Notre Dame.

I think So Carolina is the more talented team, but Notre Dame is playing better. Since ACC is better then SEC, I'll go with Notre Dame if they win their ACC Tournament.

UConn
Baylor
Oregon St
Notre Dame

Reaction Score
My Number one Seeds are UConn, Baylor (if they win B12), Oregon St and then its a Toss Up between So Carolina and Notre Dame.

I think So Carolina is the more talented team, but Notre Dame is playing better. Since ACC is better then SEC, I'll go with Notre Dame if they win their ACC Tournament.

UConn
Baylor
Oregon St
Notre Dame
well, right now, with 5:00 to go in the 1st half against Louisville, ND is playing more like a football team than a basketball team. And it'd be interesting to see if Baylor's play suffers because of Mulkey's gratuitous attention-grabbing.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Barring any upsets - I got to go with oldude on this one:

UConn - Baylor - ND - SC.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yup - oldude hit it. OSU needs to win the Pac12 and hope one of the favorites other than UConn loses - but ... the difference between 1 and 2 seeds is not that big a deal, the real issue is where you fall on either line as that determines your preferential treatment in terms of assignment. Being the 4th #1 for Baylor, SC or ND means they end up out west, being the fourth 2 seed probably sends you to CT.

Reaction Score
  1. UConn
  2. Nd
  3. Baylor
  4. Sc
And I'm not sure anything left will change that list. Unless maybe if Coates is out for the season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
  1. UConn
  2. Nd
  3. Baylor
  4. Sc
And I'm not sure anything left will change that list. Unless maybe if Coates is out for the season.
Agree with your seeds. I don't believe the committee considers injuries in their determination where to seed teams

Reaction Score
Agree with your seeds. I don't believe the committee considers injuries in their determination where to seed teams

Absolutely they do, if it's major.
The committee goal is to create an even, fair bracket.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Baylor, ND, and someone else. It depends on the conference tourneys, but I give Oregon State the edge over South Carolina as of now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Absolutely they do, if it's major.
The committee goal is to create an even, fair bracket.
If you're saying that if Coates injury results in SC losing in the SEC tournament, then yes that would affect their seeding

If you are saying that just the injury alone would impact seeding, then I don't believe that's the case because the committee would be making a value judgment based on speculation

Reaction Score
If you're saying that if Coates injury results in SC losing in the SEC tournament, then yes that would affect their seeding

If you are saying that just the injury alone would impact seeding, then I don't believe that's the case because the committee would be making a value judgment based on speculation

The committee has speculated before (affecting UConn on at least 2 occasions), and will surely do so again sometime.

But yes winning the sec tourney wo Coates would suggest that her injury is not a huge factor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom