Question About UCONN Road Games | The Boneyard

Question About UCONN Road Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do UCONN make the players available to give fans autographs etc at road games? I'm taking a HS girl (relative) who plays HS basketball and think she may want to get an autograph or pic.

The Nebraska players had an autograph session after the game I went to a couple of weeks ago.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Do UCONN make the players available to give fans autographs etc at road games? I'm taking a HS girl (relative) who plays HS basketball and think she may want to get an autograph or pic.

The Nebraska players had an autograph session after the game I went to a couple of weeks ago.
were they "at-home"?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

It isn't typically anything 'formal' at any game, home or away.
There is usually an area open to the public for fans to hang out near where the players exit either the locker rooms or the building after a game, and if you hang out there, the players do come out and mingle - they may have friends or family they are meeting, or just heading for the bus. So that is a possibility.
The other possibility is if you can get to the front row before, during, or after warm-ups especially near the place the players enter the floor from the locker rooms, it is a less formal situation and they might come over if you call their name going or coming from the court. Even if the ushers are being strict about the location your seats are in, if you have a kid in tow with an autograph book you can usually talk your way to the rail.
Just remember it is a curtesy they are providing and they have limited time and may be distracted - but they are generally pretty approachable and good ambassadors for the game. (Having a Uconn sign/Uconn paraphernalia can also make you stand out.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Do UCONN make the players available to give fans autographs etc at road games?
Absolutely. But please be considerate of their time and schedules also. They might be rushing to catch a plane also or something else. In 2002 UCONN played at St. Joes and I took 10 year old to see the game, Diana and the rest of the team stayed and signed autographs and took pictures for well over an hour until ever kid got one. That picture is still among my Daughter's most treasured possessions. 2013 UCONN played at MD and I asked Morgan who was hurt if she would mind taking a picture. Sure she said. When Morgan was done she asked me who else I would like a picture with. I stuttered Kaleena & Moriah and Morgan promptly pulled both away from a crowd and now I have my own most treasured possession.

Reaction Score
It isn't typically anything 'formal' at any game, home or away.
There is usually an area open to the public for fans to hang out near where the players exit either the locker rooms or the building after a game, and if you hang out there, the players do come out and mingle - they may have friends or family they are meeting, or just heading for the bus. So that is a possibility.
The other possibility is if you can get to the front row before, during, or after warm-ups especially near the place the players enter the floor from the locker rooms, it is a less formal situation and they might come over if you call their name going or coming from the court. Even if the ushers are being strict about the location your seats are in, if you have a kid in tow with an autograph book you can usually talk your way to the rail.
Just remember it is a curtesy they are providing and they have limited time and may be distracted - but they are generally pretty approachable and good ambassadors for the game. (Having a Uconn sign/Uconn paraphernalia can also make you stand out.

We'll be sitting in the end corner mere yards away from the UCONN bench so maybe there's hope!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have found both male and female UConn players to be very accommodating about picts, autographs and just saying hello on the road. By and large they are all very friendly, decent kids. Be considerate, of course. If a kid is back in her hometown area, she may have friends and family waiting and only a narrow window to go see them.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We'll be sitting in the end corner mere yards away from the UCONN bench so maybe there's hope!
Wear you are sitting is not where you want to be to get an autograph or picture. When the game is over watch when the players to into the visiting locker room. After shower, press the players will most likely come out of that locker room back into the area to greet family & friends. Couple of variations, in some arenas the bus will pull right into the back of the stadium so the players might never come back onto the court. Some arenas are snooty about their floor (Temple) and they kick every out of the arena ASAP. In that case you have to strategically stalk from the lobby- just pretend you are related to one of the players and wear some UCONN gear. That works most times for me except for that one time at MSG-I still not sure what that Security guards problem was but that trial is pending and I hoping for a dismissal of all charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom