Question about the Husker's schedule | The Boneyard

Question about the Husker's schedule

Reaction Score
Oops, it auto-corrected to Huskers! I guess you can figure out where I live. lol

Please don't jump down my throat. I'm just curious. I lived in CT for the first 20 of the last 40 years of my life and I'm married to a UConn grad. Do to distance, I don't get UConn athletics news unless I actively search it out. I still root for anything UConn though.

Why so few home games?

At this time of year, with the CWS looming in my back yard I always check to see what the Husky's are doing. A while back I saw that they were having another good year. I always hope that they'll somehow find a way to out here. So, today I went to the AAC site to see what the brackets looked like. I was please to see that they were a 3 seed and a mere 2 games out of first. I saw that they had an identical overall record with the 2 seed and right on the heals of the #1 seed. Then when looked closer I was stunned. 16 home games and 35 away games???? That's ridiculous. To go 32 - 18 -1 playing only 12 of their 51 games on campus, my esteem for the program could not be higher.

Hope to see you in Omaha.

Reaction Score
Simple. It is the weather.

For most of us who played baseball in the Northeast, thinking you could play before April was a pipedream. They start in Florida, SC, Texas or wherever just to get going and keep pace. It is a frightening gauntlet every year. And ... many of the easy wins they could have (say 3-5 every year) against NE opponents never happen due to weather. We could have a handful of more wins ... and tried to develop more depth in our pitching staff. Oy vey

Reaction Score
Normal early season scheduling going south every weekend to be sure to be in weather where games can be played. Worse weather than normal during spring causing several mid-week home games to be cancelled. Weather was so bad that they were only able to get outside on their field to have a complete practice 3 times this season. It makes what was accomplished this season even more impressive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom