Question about the BABC guards | The Boneyard

Question about the BABC guards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched one of Nerlens Noel's games on TV this summer and remembered that BABC had a few really nice guards on their team. I don't remember who they were. Jaylen Brantley, who is on their Juniors team will be at First Night. Wayne Selden, who we're also recruiting, is listed on their sophomores team.

Anyone who has knowledge of their team, do you know if either of these guards played on Noel's team? Below is a link to BABC's Soph & Junior rosters. Does anyone know which guards are among their best. I seem to remember Rene Castro's name being mentioned, but I don't remember hearing him as a UConn recruit. Maybe he's committed elsewhere already or is not a legit high major prospect.

BABC Rosters

I hope Noel ends up at our First Night along with Selden. It was reported that Nerlens was heading to SU, but I couldn't tell if someone was reporting that he's not going there now. I might have misunderstood that. We need to protect our own turf and land most of the top NE talent. Landing Adrien, Alex and most recently, Drummond has been proof of this. It seems Dunn & Ledo are PC bound, but that might be partly due to JC more interested in other recruits that are better fits. Seeing Noel end up elsewhere would sting a bit. I love that kids game.

Reaction Score
I think you are talking selden, but could be wrong

Reaction Score
Brantley was their starting PG and played a lot. I imagine you are talking about their game on ESPN U where they played the Harrison twins. Brantley was the guy dropping in all the 3's. Castro probably had 6-10 pts if my memory serves me correctly and Selden had limited minutes off the bench.

Reaction Score
Brantley was just a rising junior at the time. Impressive. BABC seemed to have a few nice handling guards who played hard and with a lot of energy. They were a fun team to watch. You rarely see an AAU team play with such intensity on both ends of the floor like they did.

I'm assuming BABC will have a lot of their kids playing at all levels in college over the next few years, including quite a few in D1. Greater Boston has not had a deep pool of talented ballers over the years, but over the next few years it seems that will be different. Talent in NE overall is way up (Dunn, Ledo, Drummond, Noel, etc.)

At one point I was thinking the timing wasn't good with JC finishing up his UConn career sometime within the next 1 to 3 years, but since it is usually a tad easier to recruit within the region, he just might be able to stock-up on talent as he passes the reigns over to his successor. Adding a few BABC kids such as Brantley, Noel & Selden for 2012, 13 and/or 14 would be a nice way to handle the transition.

Reaction Score
It was def Brantley. The other guards weren't all that impressive. Selden didnt play very much in the games I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom