Question About Sid | The Boneyard

Question About Sid

Reaction Score
Can he shoot? Spotty so far. It seems he has a pretty good handle so maybe he should look to put the ball on the floor and go inside. He is standing on the perimeter a lot. Like to see more movement for him. Hurley obviously wants him out there because he’s getting in the rotation.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The jumper looks a good amount better than the one-handed runner in the lane so far. More of the former, less of the latter.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He needs to play some meaningful time for extended periods to be able to fairly evaluate the kid
I would rather see him at this point than Polley - the athleticism difference of the two players is rather apparent.
Polley couldn't guard any half way decent 3 or 4, but despite being very slight, I think Sid would be a better defender.
And yes, Sid can shoot as well, and I feel more consistently than Polley - at least what I've seen at a few practice sessions.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The jumper looks a good amount better than the one-handed runner in the lane so far. More of the former, less of the latter.
agreed but he showed confidence and energy at least compared to the other games. Still getting used the speed and the physicality. Not to mention the officiating

Reaction Score
The kid is still a baby, he just needs to get his feet wet and knock the rust off from not playing last year. He is going to have some head scratching moments this year, but he should get the playing needed to work through them. I think Wilson is really going to shine next year! I think he is going to be one of those kids that makes a huge jump from 1st to 2nd year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Guy's played 44 min, just over 1 game of minutes in his college career.

Making any conclusion about his game at this point is foolhardy at best.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Guy's played 44 min, just over 1 game of minutes in his college career.

Making any conclusion about his game at this point is foolhardy at best.
We never do that here.

PLA220.png

Reaction Score
Sid doesn't look comfortable yet. He doesn't seem to be in the right places. He plays with energy. Eventually, the game willl slow down and he will contribute.

Reaction Score
Sid doesn't look comfortable yet. He doesn't seem to be in the right places. He plays with energy. Eventually, the game willl slow down and he will contribute.
I'd add his teammates aren't comfortable with him yet. They all need more time to coordinate and unify their playing together, including roles. Much more difficult coming in after the season has started and not having any court time previously together.

Just saying Sid is a new ingredient added to the mix, and right now he and the team are back in the oven.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
His shot looks the part. But he has a long way to go in figuring out college basketball. But it will come.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom