Question about other school's fan bases | The Boneyard

Question about other school's fan bases

Reaction Score
I'm really only familiar with UConn (long time fan and alumni). Do other school's fan bases have such a deep schism (or any schism) between fans of different sports? The past few days have been very eye opening and I think there is a sickness in our general fanbase now that I've seen the open hostility.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Based on several years of reading their forums, Pitt FB fans still think of themselves as a top-tier FB power that should compete with Clemson every year while hoops fans have long complained that Howland/Dixon didn't cheat enough.

As they had a soft landing in the ACC, both fanbases got what they wanted in terms of scheduling. However, of all the schools I've spent any time with on forums (I both live in Pitt and wife is a Pitt grad, FB season tix holder), they appear to have the most empathy for our situation - they realize that if not for Blumenthal, they'd probably be us.

Reaction Score
I'm really only familiar with UConn (long time fan and alumni). Do other school's fan bases have such a deep schism (or any schism) between fans of different sports? The past few days have been very eye opening and I think there is a sickness in our general fanbase now that I've seen the open hostility.

No. It's absolutely insane from my point of view.

This would never,ever happen at WVU or any other FBS university. At least UAB had outside forces that sabotaged their FB program. Your AD actively went out and killed one of the two most popular sports in college athletics. Mind blowing stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom