Question About Latest Coaches Poll | The Boneyard

Question About Latest Coaches Poll

Reaction Score
I have a nagging suspicion I'm going to look very foolish here very quickly. I don't understand the line for the #8 team in the latest Coaches Poll published on ESPN. It shows Arizona as the eighth ranked team with a trend showing they are down one place from the previous poll. However, none of the seven teams ranked above Arizona shows any movement from the prior week. How is that possible?

Reaction Score
Arizona was tied with Oregon for 7th and 8th place last week. This week Oregon is in 7th by itself and Arizona is in 8th by itself. To be accurate, they could have said Arizona dropped 0.5 places and Oregon went up 0.5 places.

It appears that the only reason either team moved at all is that one of the coaches didn't vote this week.

Reaction Score
Arizona was tied with Oregon for 7th and 8th place last week. This week Oregon is in 7th by itself and Arizona is in 8th by itself. To be accurate, they could have said Arizona dropped 0.5 places and Oregon went up 0.5 places.

It appears that the only reason either team moved at all is that one of the coaches didn't vote this week.
Thanks for the explanation...and I only feel half as silly as I thought I would.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom