Question about gabby | The Boneyard

Question about gabby

Reaction Score
i read here a while ago that gabbys dad said she would hand out tickets if asked. Why did this come about??

Reaction Score
i read here a while ago that gabbys dad said she would hand out tickets if asked. Why did this come about??
It's proof that she is a superhero. She flies through the air with ease, hands out tickets, cooks all the meals, and can leap tall defenders in a single bound. Truly Gabulous and one of the best ever to wear the uniform. Hopefully she will be enshrined on the wall in a few weeks.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's proof that she is a superhero. She flies through the air with ease, hands out tickets, cooks all the meals, and can leap tall defenders in a single bound. Truly Gabulous and one of the best ever to wear the uniform. Hopefully she will be enshrined on the wall in a few weeks.
You don’t have to hope that Gabby’s name will be added to the HOH. Her selection last season to the WCBA AA 1st team assured her of that honor. The hope for all Husky fans is that Kia receives that honor this season and is also also added to the HOH.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You don’t have to hope that Gabby’s name will be added to the HOH. Her selection last season to the WCBA AA 1st team assured her of that honor. The hope for all Husky fans is that Kia receives that honor this season and is also also added to the HOH.
But, because the AA voting occurs well after Senior Night, Gabby's number will be the only one added to the wall on Senior Night 2018. That's unfortunate, but it's reality. I'd love to see Kia's number added next year right next to her BFF's number. Lou and Pheesa will have their numbers added next year.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
But, because the AA voting occurs well after Senior Night, Gabby's number will be the only one added to the wall on Senior Night 2018. That's unfortunate, but it's reality. I'd love to see Kia's number added next year right next to her BFF's number. Lou and Pheesa will have their numbers added next year.
Wasn't that also the case with Tuck?

Reaction Score
Wasn't that also the case with Tuck?
Yes, but Tuck was a junior, eligibility-wise, had not yet declared she was leaving, and did not participate in Senior Night as a "senior."

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Yes, but Tuck was a junior, eligibility-wise, had not yet declared she was leaving, and did not participate in Senior Night as a "senior."
Hmm. I remember her being introduced, walked out by her mother and sister, being hugged by Geno and receiving her framed jersey. I think the announcer even mentioned that Tuck would be honored on the wall in the future.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Geno's ALL TIME Favorite UConn player IMO

images

Reaction Score
Hmm. I remember her being introduced, walked out by her mother and sister, being hugged by Geno and receiving her framed jersey. I think the announcer even mentioned that Tuck would be honored on the wall in the future.
Sorry my bad
upload_2018-2-2_23-10-16.png

But no way they could have known she would be a WBCA AA at that time, since those awards are announced at the WBCA Convention, which is always just before or during the FF. ??

Reaction Score
In answer to the original question I was the one who had talked to Gabby's father. I believe it was Nov. 17, 2014 and I had arrived early for the Stanford game and I had time to kill before the doors opened. I started chatting with this tall man and it turned out he was Gabby's father and that's when he said that Gabby was so committed to Geno that if Geno asked she would stand outside and sell programs before the game. I've admired Gabby ever since.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is one other possibility. If you recall, Tuck was named to the WBCA 1st team right before the championship game her senior year. After winning the championship over Syracuse and then declaring for the WNBA (she was technically a redshirt jr), UConn held a celebratory rally at Gampel, at which time they also unveiled a HOH banner for Tuck.

I’d be OK if the exact same scenario unfolds for Kia. :)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There is one other possibility. If you recall, Tuck was named to the WBCA 1st team right before the championship game her senior year. After winning the championship over Syracuse and then declaring for the WNBA (she was technically a redshirt jr), UConn held a celebratory rally at Gampel, at which time they also unveiled a HOH banner for Tuck.

I’d be OK if the exact same scenario unfolds for Kia. :)
Thanks! I was trying to recall if “Tuck” was literally on the wall and when it got there. I like the whole scenario, national championship parade included.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
... since those awards are announced at the WBCA Convention, which is always just before or during the FF. ??

Yes, the WBCA convention is roughly concurrent with the FF. Starts a day earlier, and finishes between the two games.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Sorry my bad
View attachment 28277

But no way they could have known she would be a WBCA AA at that time, since those awards are announced at the WBCA Convention, which is always just before or during the FF. ??
"Known," no, but I think the faithful (correctly) anticipated that would happen. I think most of us here believe the same fate awaits Kia. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom