Question about BigXII contract | The Boneyard

Question about BigXII contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
From my understanding, the huge deal that the BigXII got was for the 10 team league including A&M and Mizzou.

I keep seeing that the BigXII is wanting to move back up to 12 teams, but my question is, if they do go ahead and go to 12 and the 1 current replacement, and 3 projected replacements 9-12 are TCU, WVA, LV and Cincy - how in the world can they expect to match the per team payout that they had with A&M and Mizzou in a renegotiation with these four teams?

Even with a conference championship football game and adding some solid schools, it still seems to me that the 9 current BigXII teams (including TCU) would have no incentive to add more teams and by doing so, decrease their per team payout.

I think the obvious best case is BigXII takes BYU and stops at 10, and the New New Big East can rebuild.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
From my understanding, the huge deal that the BigXII got was for the 10 team league including A&M and Mizzou.

I keep seeing that the BigXII is wanting to move back up to 12 teams, but my question is, if they do go ahead and go to 12 and the 1 current replacement, and 3 projected replacements 9-12 are TCU, WVA, LV and Cincy - how in the world can they expect to match the per team payout that they had with A&M and Mizzou in a renegotiation with these four teams?

Even with a conference championship football game and adding some solid schools, it still seems to me that the 9 current BigXII teams (including TCU) would have no incentive to add more teams and by doing so, decrease their per team payout.

I think the obvious best case is BigXII takes BYU and stops at 10, and the New New Big East can rebuild.

Thoughts?

I think you are right on with this I never understood why it is a forgone conclusion that the Big-12 would go back to 12 when Missouri leaves. But another interesting point is that 9 would make a viable league too the only reason I could think of to expand would be ensure security but Texas and Oklahoma are in total control of that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom