quartre Carlton | The Boneyard

quartre Carlton

Reaction Score
The Good. Great stat line. 3-5 for 6 points. 5 boards. 0 TOs. In 14 minutes. It's a nice line for a back up.

The Bad. He wasn't the back up. Two fouls in the first couple of minutes made him the back up. Given that we just lost Akok, what was he thinking? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

The Unknowable. What happens if Hurley doesn't nail him to the bench? In truth, he nailed himself to the bench. His teammates needed him and he made himself MIA. But what if he played like that very impactful player who gave the team a lift in the first half. Was it glass half empty? Half Full? You can't bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hurley should bring Carlton in at the 8 minute time out in the 2nd half and play him until he fouls out. I think we are a much better team with Carlton AND Whaley on the floor than we are with just one of them.

Reaction Score
He scored all 6 pts in a 3 play 2 minute stretch too. He looked unstoppable

So Hurley took Carlton out after the two fouls, but then brought him back in later in the half to give Whaley a quick breather. Carlton proceeded to go on a tear and then Hurley took him out again for the rest of the half. I know the plan was just to give Whaley a quick breather and DH didn't want Carlton to pick up his 3rd, but it seemed sort of silly to take him out give how well he played in that short period of time. His confidence looked sky high when he hit that jumper, and then he was immediately pulled.

Love DH, but I feel like he should've adjusted from his original though pattern there and left Carlton in for a bit longer.

Reaction Score
So Hurley took Carlton out after the two fouls, but then brought him back in later in the half to give Whaley a quick breather. Carlton proceeded to go on a tear and then Hurley took him out again for the rest of the half. I know the plan was just to give Whaley a quick breather and DH didn't want Carlton to pick up his 3rd, but it seemed sort of silly to take him out give how well he played in that short period of time. His confidence looked sky high when he hit that jumper, and then he was immediately pulled.

Love DH, but I feel like he should've adjusted from his original though pattern there and left Carlton in for a bit longer.

That's so easy to say. If Carlton picks up his third because he's left in longer, you could just as easily criticize him for not protecting Carlton for the second half. Heck, you could call Hurley a genius for letting Carlton carry the team for two minutes and then getting him out before the third.

No one knows how the future will play out. But pulling Carlton back out when he did was a perfectly reasonable move.

Reaction Score
That's so easy to say. If Carlton picks up his third because he's left in longer, you could just as easily criticize him for not protecting Carlton for the second half. Heck, you could call Hurley a genius for letting Carlton carry the team for two minutes and then getting him out before the third.

No one knows how the future will play out. But pulling Carlton back out when he did was a perfectly reasonable move.

It is a little hindsighty, I admit...but just thought it was interesting. That was Carlton's best stretch of basketball we saw from him in a while, and we barely played him in the 2nd half as it is. A 3rd foul wouldn't have been the absolute worst thing in the world if it happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom