Quality minutes from Lubin | The Boneyard

Quality minutes from Lubin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He was terrific today. Played good defense, got some tough rebounds. Right after Amida picked up those two BS fouls and you could feel the momentum turning, Rock made that huge block to settle things down. Nolan's minutes moving forward are in serious trouble.

Reaction Score
He really did play well, I was focusing in on him and didn't see any mistakes.

Reaction Score
I love players who recognize playing time is available and take advantage of it. DHam better be careful cuz Omar comin. Purvis looking over his shoulder at TSam.

Its okay because at least we have players challenging each other.

Reaction Score
His transformation on defense from preseason till now has been tremendous. He really needs to be the first big off the bench moving forward.

The only downside is that UConn has a lot less rim protection when Lubin/Facey are manning the paint. Not that Nolan is a great rim protecter, but he has good size and defends the pick-and-roll well. But there's no question at this point who the more effective backup big man is.

Reaction Score
He's a load and probably more effective than Nolan right now. Maybe similar to Eric Hayward?

Reaction Score
Lubin has been providing solid interior muscle that is much needed on this team. I also like how he's like a fullback on offense, willing to set screens with aplomb. I think his 12-foot jumper is underrated too. He can contribute this season and I think with an offseason in the weight room he will be able to handle more minutes and be a more key contributor next season.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised no one can handle the ball other than Boatright or T Sam. T Sam is a lost player on the offensive end. He either turns it over or misses every short outside of 3 feet. The team is much more dangerous offensively with either Purvis, Omar or even Sam Jr on the floor. T Sam should be the 5th guard, not the 3rd.

I love players who recognize playing time is available and take advantage of it. DHam better be careful cuz Omar comin. Purvis looking over his shoulder at TSam.

Its okay because at least we have players challenging each other.

Reaction Score
Lubin has been providing solid interior muscle that is much needed on this team. I also like how he's like a fullback on offense, willing to set screens with aplomb. I think his 12-foot jumper is underrated too. He can contribute this season and I think with an offseason in the weight room he will be able to handle more minutes and be a more key contributor next season.

The weight room? There are certainly areas he can improve but I think he's all set as far as weight room stuff is concerned.

Reaction Score
The weight room? There are certainly areas he can improve but I think he's all set as far as weight room stuff is concerned.
I meant more on the conditioning end. Not sure he has the endurance to handle big minutes.

Reaction Score
As far as weight room, I think he could become more toned and much more explosive and conditioned for next year

Reaction Score
Weight room to tone up; work on losing some weight not muscle; work on legs - better hops; being quicker getting off the floor and Basketball quickness. Like the Rock and what he's doing . He has much to work on but working and being here for 4 years there's much to like going forward.

Reaction Score
He's a load and probably more effective than Nolan right now. Maybe similar to Eric Hayward?
Not bad comparison but I'm sticking with my Anthony Mason comparison. This kid is showing a quick learning curve and contributing important minutes.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'm surprised no one can handle the ball other than Boatright or T Sam. T Sam is a lost player on the offensive end. He either turns it over or misses every short outside of 3 feet. The team is much more dangerous offensively with either Purvis, Omar or even Sam Jr on the floor. T Sam should be the 5th guard, not the 3rd.

The issue with this is, you can't score if you don't have possession of the ball. Tsam turning it over heavily is just untrue.

Reaction Score
Not bad comparison but I'm sticking with my Anthony Mason comparison. This kid is showing a quick learning curve and contributing important minutes.

Anthony Mason could handle the ball and had a perimeter game, playing more of a pt forward type role after he moved on from the Knicks, don't really see that comparison.

Reaction Score

You are not recognizing his D or handle against pressure.

Reaction Score
Anthony Mason could handle the ball and had a perimeter game, playing more of a pt forward type role after he moved on from the Knicks, don't really see that comparison.
I'm not saying their games right now are that similar, speaking from a body type and physical presence perspective. They're built similarly, left handed and both tough SOBs.

I think Rakim deserves a much larger sample size though before we conclude he'll never have a perimeter game.

Reaction Score
I like what I see from Lubin. He can definitely bang and his rebounding and defense is coming around. That block in the second half was wow that pudgy boy has some hops! Lol! Nolan should never have gained weight as like TO before him he now has no hops at all.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying their games right now are that similar, speaking from a body type and physical presence perspective. They're built similarly, left handed and both tough SOBs.

I think Rakim deserves a much larger sample size though before we conclude he'll never have a perimeter game.
Lubin is a righty. I liked the jumper from Lubin against the zone in the USF, and I saw him shoot a step back 3 in a HS game online, but Mason's game was just completely different from a skills standpoint. Lubin's not a finished product but I doubt he'll ever be that type of player from the perimeter. That was something that was kind of natural to Mason in addition to what he added with skill work.

Reaction Score
Nolan should never have gained weight as like TO before him he now has no hops at all.
Yeah, this goes back to the whole, "he put on 20 pounds of muscle in the offseason."
Um. No. Not unless he is on one helluva anabolic steroid regimen. More like, was in the weight room and cafeteria a lot, 3-5 pounds of muscle and 15-17 pounds of fat, making him yet more earth bound.

Reaction Score
lubin is not left handed dude

he shoots foul flips righty

he signs his name lefty

did you see him attack rim today vs 6-10 shot blocker, only to at last second show the right hand but shift effortlessly to left hand to score and leave shotblocker stunned?

this man has a j ten feet in

his problem: he is lucky if he is 6-5, me thinks he closer to 6-4.5 and yet dudes critique his hops; he dooz all he capable of, he just way short of joke 6-8 listing

he has instinct for game that was pointed out during girl boy exhibition game, dude can assist, dude can shoot, dude can board with thick bod: dude much better option than nolan/olywould must think he needs to play nolan to display skills for nba and olywould must be afraid nolan will leave program if he does not kiss up to him

H

huskymagic

Where is McCracken to eat some crow on Lubin? Did he see the IQ, intelligence, and overral better play of Lubin compared to Nolan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom