Quadrant 1 Games, Rest of the Season | The Boneyard

Quadrant 1 Games, Rest of the Season

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but our Quadrant 1 schedule has been brutal this year. So far we've had six Quadrant 1 games according to the NCAA, all of which have been played on the road. As we've pointed out before, 5 of these games were absolutely winnable with 5 minutes to play. In fact, if you set the Cincinnati game aside, we're looking at 5 Quadrant 1 losses by a combined 22 points. While there are no moral victories in college basketball, this should certainly energize our fan-base as it proves how close we are to restoring the program.

Q1 Away
at Cincinnati (51-67) L
at Houston (59-63) L 4
at Villanova (55-61) L 6
at Memphis (63-70) L 7
at SMU (75-79) L 4

Q1 Neutral
vs. Xavier (75-74) L 1

Q1 Home
TBD (likely vs. Houston)

If we can find a way to win our remaining 6 games, we enter the AAC tournament with a 20-win season (1 Q1 win, and 5 Q2 wins). If that's the case, it's safe to say that the 2019-2020 campaign was a massive success. It'll also be safe to say that this is a dangerous team, and that nobody will want to face us in the conference tournament.

Coach said he's ready to go to war with this team. In my opinion, I think we're in for a treat these next few weeks.

Reaction Score
If we win out our resume very comparable to Tulsa 2016 20-11 heading into NCAA providence 2017 syracuse 2018 and St. John’s last year, but we need to win out and probably at least win two games in aac tourney to have a discussion.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Tulsa and Florida still have the possibility of becoming Q1 wins

Reaction Score
We are up to 60 in Kenpom and 68 in NET a couple of our non conference dubs looking good after the last couple games Florida, Miami and buffalo have all won three in a row. Big one tonight gotta come to play!

Reaction Score
We can dream about running the table all we want. There aren't enough good teams in conference for that to actually help, and right now we're 0-6 Q1 (with one borderline Q1 game left in the regular season). Even if we win out, we're 1-6 against Q1 and are competing against bubble teams like PC or Georgetown who each have 5 Q1 wins right now. Hell, 12-12 DePaul has no bad losses (compared to us), 3 Q1 wins, and a similar NET.

Our resume is weak and our conference offers us only the bare minimum of opportunities to bolster it (there are only 3 teams who, beating them on a neutral court, offer us resume building opportunities).

Winning the AAC is the only way into the NCAAs. The NIT wouldn't be bad. It would be, by far, the best we've done since 2016.

Reaction Score
We can dream about running the table all we want. There aren't enough good teams in conference for that to actually help, and right now we're 0-6 Q1 (with one borderline Q1 game left in the regular season). Even if we win out, we're 1-6 against Q1 and are competing against bubble teams like PC or Georgetown who each have 5 Q1 wins right now. Hell, 12-12 DePaul has no bad losses (compared to us), 3 Q1 wins, and a similar NET.

Our resume is weak and our conference offers us only the bare minimum of opportunities to bolster it (there are only 3 teams who, beating them on a neutral court, offer us resume building opportunities).

Winning the AAC is the only way into the NCAAs. The NIT wouldn't be bad. It would be, by far, the best we've done since 2016.
Would Houston again be the only Q1 opportunity in the AAC tourney if we end up playing them?

Reaction Score
Would Houston again be the only Q1 opportunity in the AAC tourney if we end up playing them?
Edit: just checked- looks like Houston, Cincinnati and Wichita State would all be Q1 win opportunities on a neutral court (they are all top 50 as of today). So we have a good chance of playing one or more of those teams in the AAC tourney.

Reaction Score
Cincy's home loss against UCF just dropped them to 55. They can recover. Say they do. Even then, if the bracket somehow fell the best possible way for an at large, you have 4 opportunities. In a world where they win all those and don't get the auto-bid, they're still looking at a 4-6 Q1 record with Q3 and Q4 losses.

Reaction Score
Temple on the road way more pressure for Whaley and others to step up for 40 minutes without akok. Tough ask. No home crowd no emotional lift from the moment of akok coming back to the bench to cheer his teammates on. I’m loving the ride this team is taking us on so far. I am hopeful the improvements continue and they keep playing for each other without the best “play for others” guy going down in akok. One game at a time is exactly correct.

Reaction Score
If Florida keeps winning that turns into a q1 win too but a 22 win Uconn team would be hard to leave out as they are UCONN! Sorry you put a bunch of people in a room and ask them to make a tournament based on all these numbers that are basically subjective they are going to want those first four teams to have some juice. UCONN is a lot of juice, but you guys are right all a mute point if we lose tonight or one of these 6 games. Just saying looking at eye test I’ll take UConn over Georgetown or providence all day we had the best team in the league beat on their court for 80 % of that game!

Reaction Score
And whole big east is q1 teams which I think is bogus I would hope they have more than one win. Providence got buried by Florida by 30 and Georgetown wasn’t even in the game at Villanova. EYE TEST

Reaction Score
Fun to hope. Running the table starts tonight at temple. Still pissed we lost to smu , then we might of had 20% chance to get in by winning out and getting to aac final.

Reaction Score
And whole big east is q1 teams which I think is bogus I would hope they have more than one win. Providence got buried by Florida by 30 and Georgetown wasn’t even in the game at Villanova. EYE TEST
There are 353 teams in college basketball. You cannot eye test them all. Also, transitive property doesn't work with sports.

The fact that the BE is very good isn't bogus. However you want to quantify that with different stats doesn't matter. The fact that the entire Big East has one loss roughly on par with our Saint Joseph's loss matters. (Providence, to LBSU).

Florida has an outside shot of becoming a Q1 win. Everything else is just pure, blue colored myopia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom