Quad 1 wins | The Boneyard

Quad 1 wins

Reaction Score
Our NET and KenPom are still really good. We have a lot of solid Q1 wins and opportunity to still add to that total.

I’ve said it in another thread that if we finish the year losing only maybe 1 or 2 more games, and at least make it to the final of the BET- a 3 seed is likely and maybe even a 2 seed with a BET championship. Our overall body of work would supersede the midseason slump we went through.

With a record of something like 26-7 or 27-7 with 6-8 Q1 wins and a top 8 NET we should get 2 seed consideration.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was surprised to see that in our last 6 remaining games, there is only one Q1 opportunity left -- tomorrow at Creighton.

Of course, this assumes no dramatic changes in the current NET rankings. DePaul is Q4 and SHU, Prov, @SJU and @Nova are Q2 games.

Reaction Score
I was surprised to see that in our last 6 remaining games, there is only one Q1 opportunity left -- tomorrow at Creighton.

Of course, this assumes no dramatic changes in the current NET rankings. DePaul is Q4 and SHU, Prov, @SJU and @Nova are Q2 games.
Yeah we need Nova to go from 85 to 75 in NET. But unfortunately, we need them to do that while they lose to us, also. So root for Nova to win 6 of their next 7 with a couple big margin wins in there. (But sweeping Seton Hall could potentially push them out of top 75, so need ot be careful of that, too).

Best result would be Nova blasting Creighton at home.

Reaction Score
I know it's been beaten to death but how different would 21-4 look right now? Seton Hall and St. Johns are headscratchers.
We’d be in the Top 5 with a projected 1 seed in the East right now. Those 2 losses really sucked. We just can’t have any more of those types from here on out. Losing @ Creighton is “expected” from a committee perspective, any other game we lose though would be tough for our seeding

Reaction Score
We’d be in the Top 5 with a projected 1 seed in the East right now. Those 2 losses really sucked. We just can’t have any more of those types from here on out. Losing @ Creighton is “expected” from a committee perspective, any other game we lose though would be tough for our seeding

No matter what quad they're in @Villanova is a toss-up from my perspective.

Reaction Score

Don’t forget about the BET though. Any top 50 NET win would be a Q1.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
No matter what quad they're in @Villanova is a toss-up from my perspective.
Yeah last game before BET and Moore should have his sea legs under him by then ( well as good as the an Achilles recovery let’s you)

Reaction Score
Our NET and KenPom are still really good. We have a lot of solid Q1 wins and opportunity to still add to that total.

I’ve said it in another thread that if we finish the year losing only maybe 1 or 2 more games, and at least make it to the final of the BET- a 3 seed is likely and maybe even a 2 seed with a BET championship. Our overall body of work would supersede the midseason slump we went through.

With a record of something like 26-7 or 27-7 with 6-8 Q1 wins and a top 8 NET we should get 2 seed consideration.
Were we a 3 seed in 2011?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
We let them pkay their best game of the year.
Or they made us play our worst game of the year.
Screenshot_20230213-030706.png

Or something else.
Or perhaps both.
Who's to say?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Or they made us play our worst game of the year.

Or something else.
Or perhaps both.
Who's to say?
One thing some folks refuse to achnowledge, other teams are allowed to have good games. And it happens against the best teams.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State #29 now Q1.

Oregon #51 drops to Q2
Oregon back to 50. We don't really have any other teams close to the Q1/Q2 cutline (our home Xavier loss could become a Q2 instead of Q1 loss I guess), so these are definitely the teams we want to root for the hardest the rest of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom