OT: - QU and Fairfield Atop the MAAC | The Boneyard

OT: QU and Fairfield Atop the MAAC

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac (6-1 MAAC) and Fairfield (6-2 MAAC) are atop the @dalydosehoops MAAC Power Rankings

Can't remember the last time two CT teams have been the best in the conference.

If you haven't been to Fairfield's new arena yet, it's pretty amazing. From what I've seen on TV, attendance at QU games has been poor, so catch them on Friday nights and/or Sunday afternoons!

Reaction Score
And there’s that team up in Storrs, CT that is pretty good :)

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac (6-1 MAAC) and Fairfield (6-2 MAAC) are atop the @dalydosehoops MAAC Power Rankings

If you haven't been to Fairfield's new arena yet, it's pretty amazing. From what I've seen on TV, attendance at QU games has been poor, so catch them on Friday nights and/or Sunday afternoons!
Can I get their by train?

Reaction Score

In fact they play each other at Fairfield next Sunday afternoon @ 2:00. Stags looked like the real deal vs St Peter’s Friday night so it should be a great matchup.

Reaction Score
In fact they play each other at Fairfield next Sunday afternoon @ 2:00. Stags looked like the real deal vs St Peter’s Friday night so it should be a great matchup.
Too bad that game isn't later in the evening. I'd go down after the UConn game

Reaction Score

and yale is 3 -0 in Ivy. Know it is wat too early and the conference tournaments are so unpredictable but it would be cool to have four teams from CT in the tournament: Uconn, Quinnipiac or Fairfield, CCS and Yale

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
and yale is 3 -0 in Ivy. Know it is wat too early and the conference tournaments are so unpredictable but it would be cool to have four teams from CT in the tournament: Uconn, Quinnipiac or Fairfield, CCS and Yale
Big oversight! Five!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So...

Literally every D1 team in Connecticut either:

a) leads their conference in wins
b) is ranked #1 in the country

THE BASKETBALL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!
I better keep a low profile where I live. They still talk about the Civil War as “The Recent Unpleasantness” and “Yankee” is verboten in these here parts.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I asked a question a few years back about the most teams from CT in the tournament.
I think it was 3, maybe just 2. Would be cool to get 4. “Connecticut: Small State, Big Basketballs”

Reaction Score
Supreme Cook was at Fairfield before Cooley grabbed him. The Stags would be pretty dangerous if they still had him.
They’ve got Alexis Yetna now but who knows if that kid ever sees a college court again. Can’t find anything out there about his injury/recovery status.

Reaction Score
11mpg off the bench, averaging 4/4/1. Minutes dropping lately.
So surprised at this. Thought he would do really well stepping down to that level. Although we never saw a lot of him, he just always seemed to look the part when he was in the game.

Reaction Score
So surprised at this. Thought he would do really well stepping down to that level. Although we never saw a lot of him, he just always seemed to look the part when he was in the game.

Pretty rare to get the scout on a kid SO wrong coming out of high school. We knew he was a tweener and a project, but this surprised me. He wouldn't have stuck around our program if he was a headcase or anything; just didn't quite have it.

Regardless, he'll get a college degree for free and has a national championship under his belt for life.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
So...

Literally every D1 team in Connecticut either:

a) leads their conference in wins
b) is ranked #1 in the country

THE BASKETBALL CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!
All it took was getting Hartford out of America East!

Reaction Score
Yessir.

I'll be at FDU on Friday covering their tilt w/ CCSU. First time I'll see both squads live this season.
Huge NEC matchup. FDU is playing very well right now. Torvik has Central winning 78-75. Should be good one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom