QB Taisun Phommachanh transfers from Clemson>Georgia Tech | The Boneyard

QB Taisun Phommachanh transfers from Clemson>Georgia Tech

Reaction Score
He was never seeing the field at Clemson. Doesn’t meant he wasn’t tal3nted, just not their type of qb. Sometimes it happens.

Reaction Score
Happy for him. Hope he sees the field.

What’s their type - they had Watson, then Lawrence, then DJ. 3 pretty diff types, no?

Reaction Score
Seems like a good place for him to land. Great school, can start immediately and be an immediate impact player. Do they still run the triple option?

Reaction Score
No, Collins, the former temple coach is there and rebuilding roster to fit his schemes.

Reaction Score
Seems like a good place for him to land. Great school, can start immediately and be an immediate impact player. Do they still run the triple option?
He’s not gonna start over Sims.

Reaction Score
Seems like a good place for him to land. Great school, can start immediately and be an immediate impact player.
Yeah, I’m sure he transferred to Georgia Tech for the academics. LOL!

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m sure he transferred to Georgia Tech for the academics. LOL!
Why not? We lost Lucien to Vandy. That's a lateral move at best. Vandy is a better engineering school that UConn. So I'd say that's definitely a scholarly move.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why not? We lost Lucien to Vandy. That's a lateral move at best. Vandy is a better engineering school that UConn. So I'd say that's definitely a scholarly move.
I was under the impression Vandy was step above us academically. But what do I know?

Reaction Score
I was under the impression Vandy was step above us academically. But what do I know?
They are a better engineering school than UConn but absolutely a lateral move football. Vandy gets talked just as poorly about as UConn in football.

Reaction Score
Conference alone gives them a football edge on UConn.
Arguable. They barely beat UConn with their back up QB. Had Tyler not got injured on the opening drive, I fully believe UConn wins that game handedly. Vandy was without a doubt at or below the same level of ineptitude of UConn last year.

Reaction Score
Was curious on what was happening with Ga Tech (mostly given Roberson's injury and wishful thinking Taison came home).

From a few articles I read it looks like Taisun is opening the season as 3rd string behind Sims (no surprise there) and then a fellow transfer in Zach Gibson from Akron. Of course a lot can--and will--happen from now until the end of the year, but I'd be shocked if Taisun doesn't have a starting job at some point he doesn't transfers again, assuming he gets his degree and can grad transfer (this is his 4th year in college, wild).

I hope he sees the field so we can see how could he actually is (should be?). Not saying he should come to Storrs (would rather have Zion get all the PT if he's legit) but I also like rooting for the CT kids even if they're not at UConn (looking at you TVD in Miami as well...)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was curious on what was happening with Ga Tech (mostly given Roberson's injury and wishful thinking Taison came home).

From a few articles I read it looks like Taisun is opening the season as 3rd string behind Sims (no surprise there) and then a fellow transfer in Zach Gibson from Akron. Of course a lot can--and will--happen from now until the end of the year, but I'd be shocked if Taisun doesn't have a starting job at some point he doesn't transfers again, assuming he gets his degree and can grad transfer (this is his 4th year in college, wild).

I hope he sees the field so we can see how could he actually is (should be?). Not saying he should come to Storrs (would rather have Zion get all the PT if he's legit) but I also like rooting for the CT kids even if they're not at UConn (looking at you TVD in Miami as well...)

Few things shock me in the transfer world but it seems like a very low probability Taisun plays in NFL.

A degree from GT is a nice thing to hang your hat on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom