QB Pressure Defensively | The Boneyard

QB Pressure Defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I would still like to see more QB pressure from D.

Some bad LB angles.

Some promising things on Offense.

3-4 wins is probably spot on.

Reaction Score
Agree. Need more pressure but the pressure we did get was without blitz.

Reaction Score
Stewart was much better tonight than all last year. Decent penetration and a nice broken up pass.

Reaction Score
Stewart was much better tonight than all last year. Decent penetration and a nice broken up pass.

If Stewart contains the edge once, it will be the first time. He's solid in coverage, but he is such a disaster against the spread run. Watch it during Army. If he cannot hold, oh boy.

I thought the middle of the D-Line was EXCELLENT (minus a boneheaded play I'd prefer to forget about at the end) against the run and pass. If they can push back offensive lines, then our linebackers will get space 1 on 1.

Reaction Score
Stewart was up and down. He absolutely leveled a wr trying to Crack back block him on a run play. It was so awesome. He also had a huge open field tackle where he squared up perfectly instead of going for the big hit.

But he also lost contain a lot. And the last time he did Coach D took him out of the game and gave him an earful. He just has to do a better job setting the edge.

Reaction Score
Stewart was up and down. He absolutely leveled a wr trying to Crack back block him on a run play. It was so awesome. He also had a huge open field tackle where he squared up perfectly instead of going for the big hit.

But he also lost contain a lot. And the last time he did Coach D took him out of the game and gave him an earful. He just has to do a better job setting the edge.

Stewart ran him over like a truck!

Reaction Score
Doggie Style said:
Stewart ran him over like a truck!

You saw that? Man, it was so awesome. I saw the receiver coming in to Crack back and Stewart hit him so hard he did a flip.

Reaction Score
I agree with the consensus on Stewart, he continues to take very poor angles! He seems to get himself out of trouble with his speed most of the time with his pursuit of the play.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Carrazelo was good. Stewart and many others bad poor games. Bad angles and bad wrap ups.

Reaction Score
Stewart was very inconsistent. Some good plays, many bad/missed plays.
Luke C was a beast. Interior DL was solid, back four looked good overall. Obi still scares me sometimes, but had a nice pass breakup down by the goal line in the 1st half.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If Obi and Stewart can cut down on the #ThingsThatCauseLosing and play like veterans/leaders... oh boy.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry about not getting enough pressure on the Qb last night. He was too mobile to really go after, would have opened to many 15-20 yards runs if he escaped.

Stewart had one series where he missed 2-3 tackles. got caught in no mans land on a coverage assignment at least twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom