QB Poll. Who ya got? | The Boneyard

QB Poll. Who ya got?

Who should be the starting QB moving forward this year for final 4 games?

• Boyle

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Cochran

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Whitmer

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Taylor

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Try and give a reason why. (I'm sure this is asking for trouble asking for this reason!)

Reaction Score
Truth is, they are all probably more than competent, but with the coaching deficiencies we've had, and piss poor play from everyone, either of the Manning brothers would look like junk in this offense

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I voted CC - only because we might as well see what he can do with 1 st string. If he isn't given a shot he is next years Nebrich.

Reaction Score
Taylor, at least then that stupid shotgun read option will keep the defense thinking

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't see any poll on tapatalk but I start Whitmer as I believe he gives them the best chance to beat SMU Saturday - however low that chance is.

Reaction Score
Give CC a chance to start. He's shown he can move the team in two separate situations. I get that it was 'garbage' time but now we're looking at 4 games of garbage time. Hell, maybe TB is better coming off the bench.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I can't see any poll on tapatalk but I start Whitmer as I believe he gives them the best chance to beat SMU Saturday - however low that chance is.

I'm with Whaler, for the exact same reason. Although Cochran has shown promise in the small spurts he's been given, most of his appearances haven't been under pressure (most of them, we are being blown out), and pressure changes everything. But it is absolutely certain that Whitmer is a better QB at this point in time than Boyle. So having said that, I would start Whitmer and have Cochran the backup. This is not a slight against Boyle. He just needs to develop further...

Reaction Score
Try and give a reason why. (I'm sure this is asking for trouble asking for this reason!)
If you limited it to a game by game decision, I'd be tempted to vote for CC just to get another look at him. The very last thing we should do is burn ANOTHER redshirt for KT. Totally agree with OP that the Mannings would not look good with the supporting cast here. WTF happened to us?

Reaction Score
I'm with Whaler, for the exact same reason. Although Cochran has shown promise in the small spurts he's been given, most of his appearances haven't been under pressure (most of them, we are being blown out), and pressure changes everything. But it is absolutely certain that Whitmer is a better QB at this point in time than Boyle. So having said that, I would start Whitmer and have Cochran the backup. This is not a slight against Boyle. He just needs to develop further...
I say start Cochran, he's the best athlete of the three.

Reaction Score
Casey because we need to find out if this kid's football IQ is of the special variety, we have seen glimpses that it might be, he seems to have a knack for quickly finding the open man and really spreading the ball around. IQ under pressure is huge for a QB and that type of thing might not always show up in practice. We need to find out and there is no better time than now. Bring Whitmer in at halftime if Casey does very poorly, which I doubt he will.

You know how some QB's have "it", we need to find out if Casey has "it". Chad Pennington had several shoulder injuries with the Jets and toward the end of his career he couldn't break a pane of glass with his throws and yet he still took the Jets and Miami to the playoffs throwing that way because he had "it". Jeff Garcia is another QB that comes to mind.

The staff needs to stop being so cautious to change things up.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
For (at a minimum) the next two games I would shut Boyle down, start Cochrane and move Whitmer to second team.

Reaction Score
Casey.. we've seen the other two acts fulltime already... Gotta see what he brings to the table. He deserves a shot... we don't have a chance with Boyle.. He's clearly overmatched... With Whitmer, we might be able to pull out 1, possibly 2 wins, but he's not gonna be the guy in the future. Casey, to me, looked pretty good with the few times he's played during mop up duty.. better play than other mop up duty QB we've had in recent BCS years.

Reaction Score
I say start Cochran, he's the best athlete of the three.

CC should get a start to see what he can do and answer the outstanding question once and for all... not locked into him starting the remainder of the year.

Reaction Score
It's time to go to the Cochran and move Whitmer to #2. Tim is not progressing right now. If CC does not get it done in the next game I would go back to Whitmer for the rest of the year. We don't get a number one draft pick and can sit on players waiting for them to develop, we need to get some wins this year. The next coach can sort out who to go with next year.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It can't possibly get any worse. You might as well give Cochran a shot at it. Nobody else has demonstrated any ability to win at the position, so give him a chance to prove whether or not he can.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I voted for Cochran also and agree that I'm not sold that it be the move for the rest of the season. (Shoulda changed up the poll wording but whatever). I think Boyle is still the future but he clearly has shown he's not ready to be the future just yet. All that's happening now is his confidence being shattered and then watching Cochran come in and do what he wasn't able to (second string D or not). I say give Cochran a shot and who the heck knows, he might even show that he could be the future too.

If anything, Casey has earned the right to start a game due to his recent play. See how he does and base your decision moving forward on that. I also agree that Taylor's RS should be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom