QB Kevin Olsen no longer with the U | The Boneyard

QB Kevin Olsen no longer with the U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
dismissed from the team ( DUI ): http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ismissed-from-school?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

would we take a chance on him?

He sounds like a lot of fun for the other 21 crowd - Im Mr Positive this week - bring him in!!

'Miami announced Tuesday that redshirt freshman quarterback Kevin Olsen no longer is enrolled at the university.

The dismissal came a day after Olsen, the brother of Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen, a UM alum, was arrested on a DUI charge.

Olsen never played a down at Miami and his arrest came a few days after a two-game suspension was lifted; the suspension reportedly was handed down after Olsen failed a drug test.

Olsen also was cited Monday for possessing false identification. The police report said Olsen had five driver's licenses: two from Maryland, one from North Carolina, one from Florida and one from New Jersey, where he is from. Police said all ID'd him as "Kevin Olsen" except the one from Florida -- the one from Florida had the name Ronald Stanley Regula Jr. There is a walk-on fullback named Ronald Regula at Miami, and police said it was his ID.

Olsen's dismissal leaves Miami with four scholarship quarterbacks. Two of them are true freshmen -- starter Brad Kaaya and Malik Rosier, who is being redshirted; the other two are fifth-year seniors -- Jake Heaps and Ryan Williams. Miami has a commitment from one high school quarterback, Dwayne Lawson of Tampa's Hillsborough High. But Lawson (6-foot-6, 215 pounds) is extremely raw as a passer and might be better off as a wide receiver or even tight end.

Williams has missed the first three games with a knee injury suffered in spring practice, but he is practicing and could see time in the next few weeks."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No. I like the depth chart with Boyle, Shirreffs and Davis next season. I think we should recruit another QB to replace Cochran but I'd rather it be a FR than a transfer. I'd rather roll with one of those guys than bring in Da U's castaways.

Reaction Score
No. I like the depth chart with Boyle, Shirreffs and Davis next season. I think we should recruit another QB to replace Cochran but I'd rather it be a FR than a transfer. I'd rather roll with one of those guys than bring in Da U's castaways.

It's not enough. Diaco will be looking for another QB and it would not surprise me if he went the JUCO route.

Reaction Score
No way I take a chance on him. He posses WAY TO MUCH baggage for the amount of talent he has. One has to wonder though if he ends up at Rutgers...he is from NJ, and maybe with a hat-in-hand visit he can get Flood to bite.

Reaction Score
It's not enough. Diaco will be looking for another QB and it would not surprise me if he went the JUCO route.
I agree with this. We went from being over-stocked to under manned at the position from the start of camp to game 2. We'll need another guy who can step in if necessary. As to the Miami kid, not a chance he ends up at UConn. None. Zero. Friggin' genius. Gets picked up for DUI just after his suspension for failing a drug test ends! And this is Miami so you know he wasn't serving the drug suspension on his first offense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No the team doesn't need a person like that. Let him go FCS route

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I agree that we need to recruit another QB. I just don't want a U reject. If you get booted from Da U, that's a clear indication that I don't want that guy anywhere near my program/school.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Just curious - would he have to sit out a year or is he eligible 2015?
He hasnt played.

Just curious?

Reaction Score
The overall consensus is no to Olsen (which I agree upon... just wanted to see what everybody else thought)

Reaction Score
It takes a lot to get kicked off the Miami football team. Looks like he found a way!

NO WAY should this guy ever be a Husky!

Reaction Score
The kid sounds like a big heaping pile of no thank you. He's a mess. Absolutely not. Anyone else leave a program this week? Will they be coming to Uconn? Let's be realistic with the transfer nonsense.

Reaction Score
5 licenses? Love that. We should talk to him just to hear his explanation.

Reaction Score
Let's just close the thread. The University has made a decision to not go after these type of kids anymore. Football, hoops, you name it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Sounds like a future Louisville or Cincinnati QB.

I know that Cincy is known for getting their players 14 years of eligibility....but are they also known for picking up other team's problems?

On a side note...Cincy continues to dispove the myth that non P5 can't get players. Although Kiel seems to be a flake from a school commitment standpoint, he may be one of the top QBs in the country...and he is only a sophomore. Cincy has 3 more years of top QB play. (or...knowing them they will find a way to get 5 years out of him)

Reaction Score
I know that Cincy is known for getting their players 14 years of eligibility....but are they also known for picking up other team's problems?

On a side note...Cincy continues to dispove the myth that non P5 can't get players. Although Kiel seems to be a flake from a school commitment standpoint, he may be one of the top QBs in the country...and he is only a sophomore. Cincy has 3 more years of top QB play. (or...knowing them they will find a way to get 5 years out of him)

I believe Ben Mauk still has a year to use if they get in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom