QB Going Forward Determines This Season | The Boneyard

QB Going Forward Determines This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The AAC is god awful. If Cochran comes back and remains healthy UConn can still get to 7 wins. SMU, Tulsa, Memphis and Tulane are worse than UConn by a lot if Cochran is QB.

With Whitmer at QB this team max's out at 3 wins.

I have a ton of respect for the beating Whitmer has taken and I lay the blame squarely on the previous staff. However, he isn't an FBS QB. He was the only reason UConn didn't hang at least 30 on SB today.

Reaction Score
I agree, but I am assuming Casey is done for the year.

Reaction Score
I agree, but I am assuming Casey is done for the year.
Looking at Casey today, it didn't appear that he was done to me. If he is, time for Boyle.

Reaction Score
Our OL isnt very good right now. I just dont see them firing off the ball and putting some hurt on the opposition whatsoever thus far. Thats hurting us a bunch. No way thisgame shouldve been this close.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Boyle has improved, but I still don't think he is close to ready.

Reaction Score
Not sure Cochran's return alone can make up for the numerous other problems.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It's amazing that out of High School, Whitmer was a 4 star competing for a starting role in the Big10 at Illinois. 5 years later he struggles against an FCS team. I was hoping he had developed more working with Patterson, but until UConn has a top notch OL, I can't see him being effective. If Cochran isn't able to go and they don't bring in Boyle, then I have to imagine that we will be seeing Davis and Sherriffs next year at QB. Boyle has to be better than Whitmer is right now...and if he isn't, i don't see a great future for him. You can't give up on the season after game 2 to protect a red shirt. If they aren't playing Boyle it's because they think Whitmer is better...which is not a good sign.

Reaction Score
Army put up 47 points today against Buffalo.

We will not beat them if Whitmer is the QB. I don't know who we beat with him. But whoever is the QB will have to deal with an OL that doesn't block.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With the OL playing the way it did today, if Cochran comes back, I hate to say this, but I think he's in danger of suffering another concussion. The OL missed several outside rushes today which resulted in sacks. I recall one where #39 raced in untouched from the left side as the blocker chose to take the inside lineman, which resulted in a double-team of him, as our QB was left unprotected. On another play, I saw Max D give a token block and not continue with it, resulting in another sack. The sad part is that when they did a good job, and Whitmer had time, and an open receiver, he couldn't hit them several times on what would have been big plays Those are passes that Cochran completes most of the time. So I believe CC would have done a better job, but I'm not sure how long Casey can last (concussion free) without better blocking. Unfortunately...unless that improves, it may not make much difference which of the three is playing QB for us!

Reaction Score
I have been a big Max guy, but I was extremely disappointed in his play today. If he can't block or get the tough yards I'd go with young backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom