QB David Pindell on JUCO & OC Rhett Lashlee | The Boneyard

QB David Pindell on JUCO & OC Rhett Lashlee

Reaction Score
Makes the game look pretty easy on highlights (they all do, right) but I'm sure there'll be an adjustment to the athletes and game speed here. Good news is we seem to want to dictate through tempo. Should take some pressure off. Love the dual threat and he has decent size and speed.

Reaction Score
Makes the game look pretty easy on highlights (they all do, right) but I'm sure there'll be an adjustment to the athletes and game speed here. Good news is we seem to want to dictate through tempo. Should take some pressure off. Love the dual threat and he has decent size and speed.
Highlights are just those. But, he seems to have all the pieces. His arm strength is very good, he's accurate, and has both quick acceleration and speed. He also real in-game reps at higher game speeds. He is the anti-Donovan.

future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Reaction Score
Highlights are just those. But, he seems to have all the pieces. His arm strength is very good, he's accurate, and has both quick acceleration and speed. He also real in-game reps at higher game speeds. He is the anti-Donovan.

future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Let's not knock Donovan, he was a sacrificial lamb thrown into the fire by what's-his-name. We have no idea what his potential is.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Never say those two words again. That person was our worst nightmare. I haven't heard his name in years and was fine with it. We couldn't stop him if our defense had guns.

It didn't hurt that he had Steve Slaton, Darius Reynaud, and Noel Devine lining up with him. God those teams were stacked.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
You know it's funny... coming out of the Big East.. Miami, West Virginia, and even Virginia Tech to some extent were national powers and in the title hunt when at their zenith since moving to their new conferences not so much. I know there's a bit more to it than that... but the Big East gave those teams a platform to showcase themselves. Now their just like everyone else.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Oh and to get off the nostalgia train for a minute.. I'm extremely excited to see what our offense does next year. I can't imagine it being any worse than the last couple of years.

Reaction Score
You know it's funny.. coming out of the Big East.. Miami, West Virginia, and even Virginia Tech to some extent were national powers and in the title hunt when at their zenith since moving to their new conferences not so much. I know there's a bit more to it than that.. but the Big East gave those teams a platform to showcase themselves. Now their just like everyone else.

Coaching matters . . . Tech will rise again under Fuente. Not sure about Miami since the administration seems to be so hostile to athletics, despite the hiring of Richt.

Reaction Score
As for Pindell, I get giddy watching that highlight at :42. He is blazing fast -- ideal for what we think the offensive system will be.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Coaching matters . . . Tech will rise again under Fuente. Not sure about Miami since the administration seems to be so hostile to athletics, despite the hiring of Richt.

I agree, for the most part. It's just those teams had a much clearer path to the national title out of the Big East. West Virginia especially seems to have put themselves into a more difficult situation, travel is harder, recruiting is a bit more difficult.. Not that I think they had much of a choice. I wonder if they would have been so quick to jump if they knew that the ACC would take the likes of Louisville.

Reaction Score
Let's not knock Donovan, he was a sacrificial lamb thrown into the fire by what's-his-name. We have no idea what his potential is.
Sorry. I meant that very analytically based on what we saw. The potential difference between DO at the helm and Pindell is no small matter. Pindell is a huge lift ...if he does what he looks like he can on tape.

C

Chief00

I was impressed by his speed. His arm accuracy to me looks like a work in progress - not horrible but doesn't always put it in stride.

Reaction Score
Nor Owen Schmidt. Man, for someone that large that man could run.
I'll never forget that vicious block Schmidt put on one of our defenders... decleated him daoggone near... I mean vicious hit...

Reaction Score
As for Pindell, I get giddy watching that highlight at :42. He is blazing fast -- ideal for what we think the offensive system will be.
Looking forward to a plethora of 1st downs rather than 3 and outs with this kid....

Reaction Score
It didn't hurt that he had Steve Slaton, Darius Reynaud, and Noel Devine lining up with him. God those teams were stacked.

Or the best of all these guys Tavon Austin.

Reaction Score
You know it's funny.. coming out of the Big East.. Miami, West Virginia, and even Virginia Tech to some extent were national powers and in the title hunt when at their zenith since moving to their new conferences not so much. I know there's a bit more to it than that.. but the Big East gave those teams a platform to showcase themselves. Now their just like everyone else.

New Big East Conference (Scissor Divisions)

This Side:
BC, Syracuse, Penn State, Navy, Virginia Tech, Miami

That Side:
Uconn, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, ND, WVU, Louisville

Play 8 conference games. 5 in your division, 1 permanent cross rivalry and rotate through the rest. This would leave everyone including Notre Dame 4 games to schedule how/who they like.

How's that work for you? Even with Miami and ND involved it is still a sensible alignment based on geography, rivalries, and tradition. This would be a great all sports conference with both strong football and basketball.

PSU fans would love/hate playing Cuse, VPI, and Miami in football every year, all the while waiting for sPitt on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

As a Uconn Fan I'm sure you all would be tickled playing Rutgers, ND, and WVU all the while waiting to close the year with BC.

You have my blessing. Go out and make this happen.;)

Reaction Score
Yeah, his speed and agility is what struck me. Outruns the entire secondary in some of those clips.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom