QB Bryant Shirreffs Highlights | The Boneyard

QB Bryant Shirreffs Highlights

Reaction Score
You'll probably get some flak from the Shirreffs haters on here, but nice reminder of some of his highlights. My biggest takeaway from this video: in nearly every one of those games the score showed us behind, and sometimes losing BAD. We really need a turnaround year, regardless of who the QB is.

Reaction Score
Shirreffs and Whitmer were serviceable QBs. The systems they played in were awful. I have no idea what PP/GDL and Diaco were trying to accomplish on offense, but they were easily the most inept offensive coaching staffs in the nation.

I full expect us to struggle on offense again this next season, but it will come along and there will be direction.

...........hell, I'm even envisioning punts being returned!

Reaction Score
After seeing that it just reinforces my opinion that grading HS kids based on their tape is astoundingly stupid. LMFAO at anyone who watches a 5 min video of a kid's best plays and thinks they can assign a 2, 3, or 4 star to them.

I'd rather look at what other schools want the kid to play there.

Reaction Score
As HCRE2.0 has said, the PassPro was as bad as I have ever seen. Solve that problem and everything opens up dramatically. Not just the passing game (including long passes) but the ground game as well. It is a very non-linear equation, actually exponential.

Reaction Score
As HCRE2.0 has said, the PassPro was as bad as I have ever seen. Solve that problem and everything opens up dramatically. Not just the passing game (including long passes) but the ground game as well. It is a very non-linear equation, actually exponential.
RE said it himself in a post spring practice presser that both Williams and Sherriffs need to improve their accuracy on the deep ball because when that presents itself you have to connect in them. That isn't a strong point for either of them. I agree that pass pro needs to improve by leaps and bounds but I don't agree with you that the deep passing game will improve just because pass pro improves.

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
RE said it himself in a post spring practice presser that both Williams and Sherriffs need to improve their accuracy on the deep ball because when that presents itself you have to connect in them. That isn't a strong point for either of them. I agree that pass pro needs to improve by leaps and bounds but I don't agree with you that the deep passing game will improve just because pass pro improves.
"Improved' doesn't have to mean "fixed", but with no time for a route to develop or make a read, you have no chance. we had no ability last year to back a defense out of the box and teams were able to crowd and jump the short routes on us.

Reaction Score
"Improved' doesn't have to mean "fixed", but with no time for a route to develop or make a read, you have no chance. we had no ability last year to back a defense out of the box and teams were able to crowd and jump the short routes on us.
I'm just repeating what Edsall was pretty emphatic about in a post practice presser.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm just repeating what Edsall was pretty emphatic about in a post practice presser.
no worries, I'm just thinking there are probably a few levels they can reach between what they've shown to date and 'good' at the deep ball. I little better passpro couldn't hurt.

Reaction Score
no worries, I'm just thinking there are probably a few levels they can reach between what they've shown to date and 'good' at the deep ball. I little better passpro couldn't hurt.
Agree...IMHO pass pro will definitely be improved over last few seasons no matter what. I also think the starting QB isn't on campus yet.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think he deserves every chance to start his senior year. He reminds me of Tyler with his toughness and running ability. His biggest mistake was locking on to one receiver, but otherwise he was a solid quarterback,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom