Qatar World Cup a Mistake says Blatter | The Boneyard

Qatar World Cup a Mistake says Blatter

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
There is a really good docuseries on Netflix right now covering the years of FIFA corruption.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Glad to see they teamed with the Fyre Fest creator for a world class experience.

Reaction Score
They just announced the banning of alcohol sales at the stadiums as well. Can't make the hooligans happy.

I talked to someone a month ago about the World Cup. He is going with his son but staying in Dubai and will fly in to Qatar for matches. He decided to leave his daughter at home to avoid any issues.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Talk about the absolute bait and switch by Qatar. Let's wait for people to show up then start changing what we agreed to.

I would say I am surprised, but I knew this selection was doomed from the start. It really is a shame because this puts a huge stain on all of the middle east, when just a little positive publicity for that part of the world would have gone a long way with the stage they have been provided.

Reaction Score
Talk about the absolute bait and switch by Qatar. Let's wait for people to show up then start changing what we agreed to.

I would say I am surprised, but I knew this selection was doomed from the start. It really is a shame because this puts a huge stain on all of the middle east, when just a little positive publicity for that part of the world would have gone a long way with the stage they have been provided.
But you can buy Bud Zero. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
It's not even so much about the booze, while that is part of it. They touted that getting the WC would be their introduction into world tourism, and a budding economy, and inclusion for all to try and compete with UAE. They touted there would be world class experiences and hospitality.

People show up and they now say no booze because that is what our culture is about. Here are tents to stay in. Reports of people having cameras/phones confiscated and being forced to sign contracts that state you will say nothing negative about Qatar and your experience. Trying to smash cameras and stop media from around the world broadcasting what is really going on. This is an absolute disaster.

Reaction Score
It's not even so much about the booze, while that is part of it. They touted that getting the WC would be their introduction into world tourism, and a budding economy, and inclusion for all to try and compete with UAE. They touted there would be world class experiences and hospitality.

People show up and they now say no booze because that is what our culture is about. Here are tents to stay in. Reports of people having cameras/phones confiscated and being forced to sign contracts that state you will say nothing negative about Qatar and your experience. Trying to smash cameras and stop media from around the world broadcasting what is really going on. This is an absolute disaster.
I agree that is not just about the booze but companies such as Budweiser sponsored trips to the World Cup and I am sure the ticket holders expected to be able to purchase beer at the stadium. Not cool changing the rules at the last minute. It seems they had 10 years or more to decide.

ColchVEGAS

Reaction Score
Maybe I am just bitter because the USA was supposed to be hosting the WC this summer, but instead we will share it with Canada and Mexico in 2026. In the end, the competition is what really matters and the product on the field will not be effected. Here's to hoping Ecuador lays a smack down on Qatar on the pitch Sunday.

Reaction Score
Arabian camels have only one hump, but it appears Qatari officials have two faces.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom