Q & A With Geno: Player Management | The Boneyard

Q & A With Geno: Player Management

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Q&A: UConn coach Geno Auriemma talks managing players and expectations

And an embedded Podcast of a media person interviewing a media person. And the host always talks too much, but go for it.

“Coaches walk a fine line — I know I do — between do you just let it go and sugarcoat it and then game reality sets in and they’re not prepared? Or do you take a shot at it and take the chance that what if they don’t respond properly and everybody on the outside world goes ‘Oh, you’re being too hard on them?’ It’s a hard game, and it’s competition, and it’s not for the faint of heart. So you’re going to get toughened up somehow. Either the kids are going to be hard on themselves and you can back off or they want to feel sorry for themselves and you have to step in and be hard on them. So the kids that are hard on themselves, I let them alone. They’re putting the pressure on themselves that they need to put on themselves. But those guys that pretend ‘Oh, I got this,’ are the ones you’ve got to go like ‘No, you don’t.’”

Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder was Stewie an "Oh, I Got This"? Geno says yes.

Stewie did have this, I saw a documentary and Geno rode her sometimes but the ride was brief and designed to motivate rather than critize, she was and is great, not much to critize there!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom