Puyol Sharing UConn Stage With Rapper Brother; Hopes To Reach Football's Biggest Stage (M. Anthony) | The Boneyard

Puyol Sharing UConn Stage With Rapper Brother; Hopes To Reach Football's Biggest Stage (M. Anthony)

Reaction Score
Puyol Sharing UConn Stage With Rapper Brother; Hopes To Reach Football's Biggest Stage

>>Pro Day is not the only reason Puyol, who earned a bachelor's degree last summer and is now taking sports management graduate courses online while based in Florida, is back on campus this week. He's preparing for another event Saturday night. Puyol, the UConn president of Athletes in Action, a faith-based campus group, will serve as host for a concert in a Laurel Hall auditorium.

The main act is his older brother, Eddy Puyol, 37, aka "Rawsrvnt," a faith-based and inspirational hip-hop artist. His stage name is pronounced "raw servant."

"We kind of ran it," Bobby Puyol said of Athletes in Action. "So I'm hosting it, going to be the facilitator, trying to get people there. ... I've been on stage with my brother, rapping with him and stuff like that, since I was about 7. But I like to be in the background, just for him to do his thing, at his shows. It's been cool to see him on stage in some of the bigger concerts in our [Florida] area, and cool to see him chase his dreams."<<

>>In Florida, Bobby has worked with friend and mentor Justin Medlock, the Canadian Football League's special teams player of the year with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers last season. Medlock, 33, attended UCLA and has settled in the Palm Beach Area.

"Just training and trying to get my name out there a little," Bobby said. "My [college] career was a roller coaster, but a great roller coaster. I came in with high expectations, got humbled a little bit, but worked really hard to get to where I ended up. … I've been trying to get more explosive and doing workouts a kicker should do over workouts I used to do with the team."<<

Reaction Score
Underutilized under the previous regime - his stats got crushed with all of the madness on special teams. I hope he gets a shot. We have been lucky with Teggart + Puyol.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Underutilized under the previous regime - his stats got crushed with all of the madness on special teams. I hope he gets a shot. We have been lucky with Teggart + Puyol.

Agreed and regarding Teggart, I was really surprised he didn't get more opportunities in the NFL. I thought he had the goods to have a few seasons.

Btw - what is up with your avatar?

Reaction Score
I have never seen anyone take as much brutality as Chandler Whitmer. I almost refuse to believe that he is able to live a normal life after his time at UConn. It was like playing kill the carrier and he had the ball every time.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I have never seen anyone take as much brutality as Chandler Whitmer. I almost refuse to believe that he is able to live a normal life after his time at UConn. It was like playing kill the carrier and he had the ball every time.

I don't know dude, I'm not sure that is what your photoshop creation projects to others. I would be worried people may confuse it with bitter ex girlfriend or weirdo stalker. I recommend you make a change.

Reaction Score
You are insane. I recommend you step away from your computer and evaluate your life choices that led you to this moment. You are projecting that you are a real life weirdo.

Please find better things to be worried about than a joke avatar that you don't understand on a msg board.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You are insane. I recommend you step away from your computer and evaluate your life choices that led you to this moment. You are projecting that you are a real life weirdo.

Please find better things to be worried about than a joke avatar that you don't understand on a msg board.
Not at all dude, but no worries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom