Put Your Stethoscopes Away | The Boneyard

Put Your Stethoscopes Away

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Because you suck at it! All you optimistic folks who said Lou would play because your Aunt Nellie was once bumped in the back like that and gave birth and cooked a meal for 15 the next day. Great fans, rotten doctors.

"Auriemma said Samuelson, who was injured in a collision while diving for a loose ball against Houston, remains day to-day. He did not speculate on her status for this weekend's AAC tournament in Uncasville, Connecticut.

"She was better today than yesterday. We'll see the next couple days. When you've got back issues, I don't think it's anything trivial," Auriemma said. "No matter what they say, if it's just minor or spasms or whatever, I don't care. I'm a little bit leery when people start talking about backs. It affects everything else. So, we'll see."

Williams leads 4th-quarter surge, UConn beats USF 57-47

Seriously, would you want this guy as your doctor or any of his brothers as your doctor:

Reaction Score
It is a relief to see the team taking a go-slow approach to Lou returning to active play. Personally I was somewhat aghast to see her return to the Houston game, even if just to test if she was okay to play. Notwithstanding that it was senior day, the severity of her condition seemed apparent enough to warrant full precautionary.

I for one would be just fine if she has to sit out some or even all of the AAC tournament to ensure that she is 100% for the big dance (and beyond). I stand by that even after the challenges the team faced last night with her abscence.

Last edited:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Seriously, would you want this guy as your doctor or any of his brothers as your doctor:

Maybe! I really believe laughter helps with healing, and sometimes real doctors are incompetent, etc.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is a relief to see the team taking a go-slow approach to Lou returning to active play. Personally I was somewhat aghast to see her return to the Houston game, even if just to test if she was okay to play. Notwithstanding that it was senior day, the severity of her condition seemed apparent enough to warrant full precautionary.

I for one would be just fine if she has to sit out some or even all of the AAC tournament to ensure that she is 100% for the big dance (and beyond). I stand by that even after the challenges the team faced last night with her abscence.

While I agree with your cautious approach and was as surprised as you that Geno and Rosemary's replacement (I really don't know her name) let her go in there at the start of the second, both Lou and the rest of the team need her in there getting her groove and the team's groove going for the NCAAs. BUT, we have to keep our fingers crossed. Being hit as she was was akin to a car rear ender.

We don't win the AAC the sharp knives are waiting to do bad things to our Huskies.

Reaction Score
I'm glad she didn't play, there was no point in risking further injury. I'm glad she's feeling better but that doesn't mean her back is even close to being healed.

Reaction Score
Because you suck at it! All you optimistic folks who said Lou would play because your Aunt Nellie was once bumped in the back like that and gave birth and cooked a meal for 15 the next day. Great fans, rotten doctors.

"Auriemma said Samuelson, who was injured in a collision while diving for a loose ball against Houston, remains day to-day. He did not speculate on her status for this weekend's AAC tournament in Uncasville, Connecticut.

"She was better today than yesterday. We'll see the next couple days. When you've got back issues, I don't think it's anything trivial," Auriemma said. "No matter what they say, if it's just minor or spasms or whatever, I don't care. I'm a little bit leery when people start talking about backs. It affects everything else. So, we'll see."

Say the secret word and win $100. The secret word is 'quack.'

Reaction Score
So why have her fly on a plane, travel to and from airports, sleep in a hotel room? Bad logic....
No attack DBB but my guess here is, as a senior leader who has done so much for the program she wanted to be with her teammates. Wild guess on my part but I would bet the medical and coaching staff have determined that the extent of her injury is not going endanger her future.
Most likely they calculated what she needs and decided flying and sleeping in a hotel not so bad.
Playing in a game setting pics, boxing out, rebounding, and diving / wrestling for balls not so good. ;)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

He bears an uncanny resemblance to my doctor.

That's why I subscribe to the old axiom: you are your own best doctor. :rolleyes:

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
So why have her fly on a plane, travel to and from airports, sleep in a hotel room? Bad logic....

Hotel room was likely more comfortable than home bed.
Did they charter to Fla?
Travel to and from airports was probably safer that Storrs.

Bad logic was probably trumped by good medical evaluation.

Reaction Score

FINALLY!! I’m happy to see Geno thinks this way. People trivialize back issues because they don’t understand that a slight tweaked back can have a serious domino effect if one isn’t careful—especially in the world of sports where people are all too quick to look past their long term health and focus on wanting to do anything to compete now.

Now that my mini rant is done:
I hope Lou’s back issue is minor and can heal properly and quickly. Having an injury of any kind is frustrating because unfortunately you have to give it time to heal. Hope she isn’t in too much discomfort!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104