PURVIS | The Boneyard

PURVIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I swear the way he's looked these past 2 games it feels like someone's paying him to make us lose. Every important possession it seems he makes bonehead mistake after bonehead mistake. Are there just too many cooks in the kitchen with the amount of individual offensive expectations this team has? WHAT GIVES???

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I swear the way he's looked these past 2 games it feels like someone's paying him to make us lose. Every important possession it seems he makes bonehead mistake after bonehead mistake. Are there just too many cooks in the kitchen with the amount of individual offensive expectations this team has? WHAT GIVES???

Passive. Very Passive

Reaction Score
Rodney is not a good player. He has regressed under KO. He should not be averaging these minutes ever. Sits until a freshman guard needs a rest.

Reaction Score
Ferrari with flat tires.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he'll have a run when he looks sensational, he'll score

but we need more

Reaction Score
7 points/ 0 free throws

Glad you brought this up, Rodney has to be getting to the line more. He's built like a running back and should be more aggressive in the lane LOOKING to draw contact.

Reaction Score
playing 35 minutes
I'm a RP fan but the effort or lack thereof the past 2 games has me wondering is it mental or physical or both?

It's neither mental or physical. He just isn't that good. He should never be leading this team in minutes played. Not blaming him at all. He is who he is. Ollie should limit his minutes and only play him when he get in one of his offensive shooting streaks ( which isn't often). Otherwise, he should be riding the pines.

Reaction Score
Maybe he's disappointed he is here instead of in the pros. However, his play is proving he wasn't ready and that he may never be ready.

Reaction Score
Maybe he should delete snapchat and focus on playing basketball well like he was brought here to do

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
It's neither mental or physical. He just isn't that good. He should never be leading this team in minutes played. Not blaming him at all. He is who he is. Ollie should limit his minutes and only play him when he get in one of his offensive shooting streaks ( which isn't often). Otherwise, he should be riding the pines.
I think Ollie should give more minutes to Jackson to spread the floor.

Reaction Score
Never understood the infatuation with Purvis or the belief he could lead the team and be a top player.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
AAC player of year.

Mark it down . Ferrari warms up in january

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Purvis-

Pros: Has the ability to defend at a high level, can draw fouls when playing aggressive and attacking the rim. Lights a fire throughout the whole team when he has that aggressive mindset.

Cons: Plays more like a guard, literally stands 30 feet from the basket and throws up a flatfooted shot that front-rims more often than not.

Solution: Play him at the 3 offensively while defending their best guard/small forward. Rotate Gilbert, Adams, Vital at the 1 and 2. Rotate Larrier/Jackson at the 4 while playing Facey, Diarra, Durham when we want to go big. Ollie needs to tell Purvis not to shoot jumpshots and focus solely on defending and attacking in transition. In the half court-move, cut to the basket. Drive when the ball is in his hands.

I'm so tired of seeing 1 guy inside the perimeter while everyone else is standing, clueless 30 feet from the basket while the guards play hot potato and then eventually go 1 on 5 with 10 seconds left on the shot clock only to have a bad shot forced up or a turnover.

Reaction Score
purvis disinterest was apparent as hell last night, go watch him get all those minutes in the second half and NOT MOVE ON OFFENSE. He would stand pump fake pass, and on defense he was lackadaisical. Guy has horrible body language. He's been like this since he got here it's not all on Ollie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom