Purvis, where you been all my life? | The Boneyard

Purvis, where you been all my life?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I've been hard on the Ferrari this year, but the last few games, he's been money. And it's been great to see.

When you see this side of his game, it's mind boggling thinking this is the same player who looked like he could do nothing well a month ago.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
What do you mean where's he been? This is the player Purvis has been his whole UConn career -- maddeningly inconsistent and a streaky shooter.

The reason why people get so upset and give Purvis such a hard time when he plays poorly is because we've also seen him play so well. When he is on from 3 and not turning the ball over, he's a FORCE, and an all-conference talent. When his 3-pt shot isn't falling and he starts to force things, he turns the ball over and he becomes a mess.

Purvis is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Reaction Score
Perhaps he sees the bartender picking up the dirty glasses, straightening up the bottles and wiping down the counter.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He's a late starter - can't get out of bed until February

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hopefully we ate all the pink nougat ones and weve got turtles and coconut chocolates for the rest of the season.

What if you hate coconut?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Hopefully we ate all the pink nougat ones and weve got turtles and coconut chocolates for the rest of the season.

The pink nougat ones are disgusting. Does anyone actually eat them?

Reaction Score
What do you mean where's he been? This is the player Purvis has been his whole UConn career -- maddeningly inconsistent and a streaky shooter.

The reason why people get so upset and give Purvis such a hard time when he plays poorly is because we've also seen him play so well. When he is on from 3 and not turning the ball over, he's a FORCE, and an all-conference talent. When his 3-pt shot isn't falling and he starts to force things, he turns the ball over and he becomes a mess.

Purvis is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

I mean, yes and no. That's certainly an apt description of who he's been during his career, but this season, up until the past five games, he was just plain bad.

He's been a good player for us, and the biggest tribute you can pay him is that he seems to bring his best to the big stage - he was very good in the tournament last season and he lit it up in the conference tournament two years ago. I'm not expecting him to become Jeremy Lamb, but the ceiling of this team is certainly a lot higher now that Purvis is back playing at the level we were accustomed to.

C

Chief00

It's turning into a late night after the game - I always believe in celebrating a win. Any win! I will provide some context about Rodney and other things by the weekend.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He crushed the USF comeback pretty much by himself.

I'm happy for him. At post game interview it was about the team. He preferred not talking about himself. Got real excited about walk ons and you could tell he wanted to get back to locker room to celebrate with them. Started to run to locker but a family asked him to take picture with their kid and he ran over to them.

In my book Rodney has been class all season minus one game. That's more important than making 3's or winning.

Reaction Score
we will forget about the foot on the sideline.

Reaction Score
Yes I'm going to be the downer on this thread but Purvis is truly a yo-yo player. Some games he's a superstar and others he's not even a real role player. He absolutely needs to get more consistent if he wants to play anywhere else besides the Canadian D-League or china.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
The pink nougat ones are disgusting. Does anyone actually eat them?

I think its more of people bite into them and then spit them in the garbage.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
we will forget about the foot on the sideline.
Hard to do since it's become a staple move in his arsenal. In the middle of an excellent night last night he did it again.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
He crushed the USF comeback pretty much by himself.

I'm happy for him. At post game interview it was about the team. He preferred not talking about himself. Got real excited about walk ons and you could tell he wanted to get back to locker room to celebrate with them. Started to run to locker but a family asked him to take picture with their kid and he ran over to them.

In my book Rodney has been class all season minus one game. That's more important than making 3's or winning.

I wonder if the family is the same one as the family in the Purvis story from A Dime Back that I read today (I can't link it). A very nice write up about Purvis and what a class act he is...

Reaction Score
He is dialed in right now. Let me say this: if he stays dialed in for the rest of the season, I'd put us at about a coin flip to make the tourney. I'm not kidding..

He was locked in against Cincy, right? And we got blown off the court? I'm not so sure a game against Cincy would be 50/50 even at home AND with a locked-in Purvis.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
He was locked in against Cincy, right? And we got blown off the court? I'm not so sure a game against Cincy would be 50/50 even at home AND with a locked-in Purvis.

So the fact that we didn't have 8 healthy guys to allow us to play high pressure man-to-man defense to stop Cincy bigs from lighting up the outside had zero to do with it, right?

You're going to see a different game when they come here. Trust me...

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
He is dialed in right now. Let me say this: if he stays dialed in for the rest of the season, I'd put us at about a coin flip to make the tourney. I'm not kidding..
Which tourney?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Which tourney?

The one that we've won 4 times and most schools haven't won once. The only tourney that matters. And since I know that you already knew, you've gotta work on your comedy routine...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom