Purvis/Jackson | The Boneyard

Purvis/Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
realize there is much to criticize, but how does Rodney get 38 minutes and Vance only 16?? Vance did some nice things, Rodney basically did nothing. Is there ANYONE on the coaching staff paying attention? I know it's only 2 games, but this really feels like it should be a control/alt/delete. Blow it up and start over. At least he did the right thing w Facey in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
I was flipping out. Vance starts the game and gets pulled maybe 4 minutes in? When he comes back, he hits a 3, drives and makes a reverse layup, and grabs a rebound or 2. KO then pulls him out and doesn't bring him back for the rest of the half. It felt like the last 10 minutes of the first half Vance was on the bench.

Reaction Score
Offensively if Vance gets his hands on the ball something good might happen. He should play 25 minimum. I think he's going to be a star for us.

Reaction Score
Purvis/Facey/Brimah could be this year's Dyson/Robinson/Edwards.

They just need to sit down and get out of the way of the development of the young guys.
That team almost lost to Northeastern too. Kemba was throwing up bricks AG style as a frosh. Should have fired Jim then and there. Hired Josh Pastner.

Reaction Score
Purvis/Facey/Brimah could be this year's Dyson/Robinson/Edwards.

They just need to sit down and get out of the way of the development of the young guys.
Agreed but the current set of seniors have the same basketball IQ only with way less talent than that year. I'm already willing to sacrifice this year's team if it means our freshman get the majority of the minutes this season and are allowed to develop. The freshman class as sophomores along with Jalen and Larrier as juniors and Hamidou is very exciting.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Vance definitely did some nice things, almost as much as Purvis did in 38 minutes in only 16. The problem was that you could tell he was a little bit excited and nervous and still getting a feel for the game. He was grabbing boards and finishing shots but still didn't look confident on the court. I think thats just coaching the young guys without necessarily throwing them into the inferno right away.

Reaction Score
It's pretty clear already that Vance knows how to play the game, Rodney has been in college 5 years and still doesn't know how to play the game. Vance isn't a dynamic athlete and will get lost/burned sometimes on D but the kid has a good saavy offensive game and is a big time shooter. He needs to play more and Rodney needs to play less.

Reaction Score
Agreed but the current set of seniors have the same basketball IQ only with way less talent than that year. I'm already willing to sacrifice this year's team if it means our freshman get the majority of the minutes this season and are allowed to develop. The freshman class as sophomores along with Jalen and Larrier as juniors and Hamidou is very exciting.

The problem is that our best current lineup involves Brimah and probably Rodney and our best potential lineup probably involves these guys getting spot minutes. Its a tough call for KO especially considering that both of these guys seems to be awesome people.

Reaction Score
Purvis will be the team killer this year. Don't let his likable personality and his terrible singing on the big screen during time outs fool you. He wants to be one th floor the whole time, and it seems like KO has signed off on that. He has regressed since he first got here, and he will kill this team by playing as many minutes. He is not a good basketball player. The young guys need to play- and Vance Jackson needs to take Purvis minutes. Thanks for everything Rodney (his best asset to this program maybe was the defense he played on Napier and boat at practice while he couldn't play in 2014) other than that....thanks for.....now sit the bench.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Purvis will be the team killer this year. Don't let his likable personality and his terrible singing on the big screen during time outs fool you. He wants to be one th floor the whole time, and it seems like KO has signed off on that. He has regressed since he first got here, and he will kill this team by playing as many minutes. He is not a good basketball player. The young guys need to play- and Vance Jackson needs to take Purvis minutes. Thanks for everything Rodney (his best asset to this program maybe was the defense he played on Napier and boat at practice while he couldn't play in 2014) other than that....thanks for.....now sit the bench.
Well this is wrong.

I've said it before - Purvis is extremely effective if you use him correctly. Off screens, in transition, pressure defense. KO is making him get lead guard minutes - and when you force Rodney out of his comfort level, these are the results.

Wouldn't be surprised if KO told him he's alpha dog and we need 15-18 a game from you. That can really mess a kid up, especially one as emotionally driven as Rodney.

Reaction Score
Well this is wrong.

I've said it before - Purvis is extremely effective if you use him correctly. Off screens, in transition, pressure defense. KO is making him get lead guard minutes - and when you force Rodney out of his comfort level, these are the results.
Transition when he runs like marshawn Lynch to the hole and puts up a layup that goes 5 rows into the stands. Pressure defense like when a Northeastern guard puts up 20 and controls the whole pace all night on their way to a win. Rodney will never be in a comfortable place, and that place needs to turn into the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom