Purvis dunk on SMU | The Boneyard

Purvis dunk on SMU

Reaction Score

As the SMU game approaches I thought this stroll down memory lane was appropriate.

As impressive as that dunk was on video I was there at the game and in person that dunk was gravity defying. Literally looked like he stepped on an invisible ladder in midair.

Hope he has another one in him for Thursday's game.

Reaction Score
Tough for me to get excited about this dunk considering his current output (or lack thereof), but I appreciate the effort.

Reaction Score
I know Rodney is inconsistent and he makes me groan sometimes but his highlight reel gets me really excited. The kid can score in so many ways and can get the crowd juiced up at times. If his role were different on this team I think he could be a spark plug off the bench and he wouldn't be counted on to be a main contributor.

But that's not where we are right now.

Reaction Score
Whenver ANY UConn player makes a play like this, I get excited

Totally agree. I was at that game and was as excited as anyone else at that time. But now all I feel is frustrated knowing how well he is capable of playing vs. how he is playing currently. Hopefully he finds it again soon

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

As the SMU game approaches I thought this stroll down memory lane was appropriate.

As impressive as that dunk was on video I was there at the game and in person that dunk was gravity defying. Literally looked like he stepped on an invisible ladder in midair.

Hope he has another one in him for Thursday's game.

I'd prefer he doesn't dunk and we get a win.

Reaction Score
Everybody loves Rodney when he kicks ass. And most of those people bash him when he doesn't. He can be infuriating, but I love the guy.

Reaction Score
OMG that kid was explosive. Our Rodney just doesnt have those hops anymore.
He's put on a lot of muscle which must weight him down a bit, also as we all know high school defense gives players many more opportunities for highlight reel plays.

Reaction Score
He's put on a lot of muscle which must weight him down a bit, also as we all know high school defense gives players many more opportunities for highlight reel plays.

Even frosh year at N.C. State he seemed to have more jump. I don't know what happened during his redshirt year at UConn, whether it was the injury or what, but he hasn't been as explosive here to my eye.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom