Pure Speculation: Zach Brown and Diallo | The Boneyard

Pure Speculation: Zach Brown and Diallo

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
This is pure speculation, but do we know anything about how Brown got along with his PSA teammates, namely Diallo? With his recent commitment we know ZB isn't out of the game, and KO doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would give up on a troubled kid. Is it possible he and Diallo couldn't make it work together? Did we drop ZB because of Diallo? Could also explain why PSA didn't give him a second chance.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He was at PSA for less than two weeks and then he broke their zero-tolerance policy against fighting by punching a couple of people after a basketball game. Then, he got dismissed, went to Florida, got arrested and committed to St. John's.

"Not giving up on a troubled kid" is a noble gesture, but it seems they preferred "not holding onto the grenade when it goes off" in this instance. Sometimes, it is that simple.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
"Not giving up on a troubled kid" is a noble gesture, but it seems they preferred "not holding onto the grenade when it goes off" in this instance. Sometimes, it is that simple.

You're right. I'm making it more than it is. I think I'm looking for anything I can to tell myself Hami is a done deal.

Reaction Score
When PSA traveled to Brewster days after the dismissal I talked to the PSA videographer who was student age, as well as 4 adults that were part of the PSA traveling entourage, they described the situation short and sweet just as Fishy stated. I asked if they thought Zach Brown rubbed teammates the wrong way and was good riddance or whether he was embraced and the kids hated to see him go. They felt he was there so short a time there was just no feeling at all good or bad within the team. That is straight from the horses mouth second hand information, but it is based on observation from close enough 'insiders' to be speculation based on observation vs nothing. I can present evidence because we are all sitting within a few feet in Diallo's mix tape which happened to include all these people.

Reaction Score
Watch Hami's documentary that was just posted in another thread - - this kid was in awe when he first got calls from Kentucky & Duke. I don't know him but I get the impression he's a grounded kid but he definitely feels the lure of those major programs that are on loop at ESPN during the season. If he feels they are better suited to get him to the NBA as a lottery pick then he'll pick one of the two. KO has his work cut out for him - I wouldn't say we're out but we're fighting an uphill battle because of who else is involved.

Reaction Score
I feel like if we would've gotten some of the bigger fish in the pond, then We would have a better chance of getting Hami

Reaction Score
Take it with a grain of salt but i heard with past issues (nate miles,laptop, grades, etc) the AD told ollie to cut brown free. Calhoun had a mile of rope. New world order

Reaction Score
Take it with a grain of salt but i heard with past issues (nate miles,laptop, grades, etc) the AD told ollie to cut brown free. Calhoun had a mile of rope. New world order

So that sounds like the breakup was not mutual as I, and many of us, previously thought?

Reaction Score
If this is the case might also be impacted by CR and not wanting any negative media attention while CR decisions are being made.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Not surprising and sounds like the right call to me by the AD.

Reaction Score
I don't know that I love the idea of the AD forcing a relatively new head coach to cut ties with a player because of issues that preceded his tenure.

In hindsight, it was probably the right call. But I'm willing to leave decisions like this in Ollie's hands. If my memory is correct, he handled the Wolf situation, right? I just don't get the sense that Ollie is the type who needs somebody looking over his shoulder in regards to this sort of thing.

Reaction Score
Trouble seems to follow Zach Brown. I don't think he is a bad kid, but I do think he has maturity and identidy issues that contribute to him having altercations. I wish him well even though cutting ties with him was certainly the right move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom