Purdue over MSU | The Boneyard

Purdue over MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Purdue knocked off #3 Michigan State 40-29. Doesn't make me any happier about the UConn season, but it does put a crushing defeat into better perspective.
Boiler Up!

Reaction Score
Gives Cincy that more more room to squeek in. But they'll put in OSU or ND over Cincy

Reaction Score
Gives Cincy that more more room to squeek in. But they'll put in OSU or ND over Cincy
After Tulsa, they will use that close call as the next excuse. Yet, Bama and OSU will be rewarded for their steely play under duress.

Reaction Score
A month ago I thought Cincy would roll into the playoff if they win out and we’re treated fairly. Now, I kind of agree that they’d be in trouble with a slightly tougher schedule. They are obviously sputtering. They need to start clicking and taking opponents to the woodshed again.

Reaction Score
Msu never belonged at 3 in the first place. UM does not belong at 6 either. Won't get into Oregon at 3 as it's like beating a dead horse. Those seeds were B10 infused nepotism to get more $.

Reaction Score
So Purdue knocked off #3 Michigan State 40-29. Doesn't make me any happier about the UConn season, but it does put a crushing defeat into better perspective.
Three weeks after knocking off then #2 Iowa, right?

Reaction Score
Probably not the right year to start with Fresno on road and have boilermakers at home early.

Reaction Score
Or Clemson anytime. That game was booked five years ago. Everyone thought that surely UConn would be competitive by then.

Reaction Score
This program needs confidence. These kids seem unable to muster it themselves. I know you can’t control scheduling as an Indy, but this was not the year to start in Fresno in August. Oh well

Reaction Score
Msu never belonged at 3 in the first place. UM does not belong at 6 either. Won't get into Oregon at 3 as it's like beating a dead horse. Those seeds were B10 infused nepotism to get more $.
You can’t just say Purdue is really good can you? Michigan is overrated, relative to Ohio state lol. Relative to any team in the northeast part of the country? Not close.

If you watched MSU vs Purdue and thought “they aren’t that good”.. you were missing that Purdue has had a lot of players who were just getting comfortable at the time of the UConn game develop and become playmakers.

If we played now, Michael alaimo would be throwing to Paul piferi by the second quarter.. probably with karlaftis and bell sleeping on the bus

I’m gonna enjoy the 2025 game

Reaction Score
You can’t just say Purdue is really good can you? Michigan is overrated, relative to Ohio state lol. Relative to any team in the northeast part of the country? Not close.

If you watched MSU vs Purdue and thought “they aren’t that good”.. you were missing that Purdue has had a lot of players who were just getting comfortable at the time of the UConn game develop and become playmakers.

If we played now, Michael alaimo would be throwing to Paul piferi by the second quarter.. probably with karlaftis and bell sleeping on the bus

I’m gonna enjoy the 2025 game
Let's add Brohm called a hell of a game.

Reaction Score
Hey boilerD. Purdue could be the best team UConn plays this year. Good luck rest of the way.

Reaction Score
I agree. When Purdue plays their A game ,player for player they are the best team Uconn will play this year even thou when Houston comes in they will probably be ranked in the top 15 in the country

Reaction Score
I agree. When Purdue plays their A game ,player for player they are the best team Uconn will play this year even thou when Houston comes in they will probably be ranked in the top 15 in the country
Purdue Strength of Schedule this year is #3
I think they played 4 games against top 10 teams

Reaction Score
Hey boilerD. Purdue could be the best team UConn plays this year. Good luck rest of the way.
That’s all you guys had to say.. good luck with Mora .. you guys definitely should be better than you are now If you do things right.

Colin cowherd is a stooge but he spoke recently about 3 year and 6 year rebuilds.. saying that only the elite are 3 years. Purdue and UConn are in the 6 year rebuild category. We are in year five ..

You guys have to be prepared to go the distance .. what I can tell you is that you may have mora come in and do a couple nice things his first year like brohm did.. but that’s not the battle. If you look at Purdue going to a bowl brohm’s first year… that’s all well and good. But then the whole DL graduated, and there was no one there to take their place.. because by the time those guys should have been recruited, no one wanted to play for Darrell hazell. So.. because of rondale Moore’s sensational freshman year.. Purdue made a bowl in year two .. barely. And then almost the entire OL graduated.. and the guys who were supposed to be there to take their place didn’t exist. And that’s why we were 4-8 in 2019.. because that’s when the affect of Darrell hazell REALLY hit.

If mora is the right guy and he’s committed to sticking it out (not just a stepping stone.. which isn’t always bad as long as you can make successive good hires).. you guys have to be ready to not turn on the coach when things are bad in years 2-4, because when the new coach comes in and looks good and recruiting goes up… years 2-4 are when those better recruits are getting their feet wet.

Immediate turnarounds can happen, and probably even more so with the portal, but be ready for it to take until 2026-2027 and you’ll be rewarded .. mora came from the NFL, I really doubt you’re getting Gerry Dinardo at Indiana .. so be patient

Reaction Score
That’s all you guys had to say.. good luck with Mora .. you guys definitely should be better than you are now If you do things right.

Colin cowherd is a stooge but he spoke recently about 3 year and 6 year rebuilds.. saying that only the elite are 3 years. Purdue and UConn are in the 6 year rebuild category. We are in year five ..

You guys have to be prepared to go the distance .. what I can tell you is that you may have mora come in and do a couple nice things his first year like brohm did.. but that’s not the battle. If you look at Purdue going to a bowl brohm’s first year… that’s all well and good. But then the whole DL graduated, and there was no one there to take their place.. because by the time those guys should have been recruited, no one wanted to play for Darrell hazell. So.. because of rondale Moore’s sensational freshman year.. Purdue made a bowl in year two .. barely. And then almost the entire OL graduated.. and the guys who were supposed to be there to take their place didn’t exist. And that’s why we were 4-8 in 2019.. because that’s when the affect of Darrell hazell REALLY hit.

If mora is the right guy and he’s committed to sticking it out (not just a stepping stone.. which isn’t always bad as long as you can make successive good hires).. you guys have to be ready to not turn on the coach when things are bad in years 2-4, because when the new coach comes in and looks good and recruiting goes up… years 2-4 are when those better recruits are getting their feet wet.

Immediate turnarounds can happen, and probably even more so with the portal, but be ready for it to take until 2026-2027 and you’ll be rewarded .. mora came from the NFL, I really doubt you’re getting Gerry Dinardo at Indiana .. so be patient
If by some miracle Purdue beats Ohio State- then Brohm becomes the 'hot' coach and he gets offers from other schools. It's a double edge sword- success bring attention.

I like what Brohm has put together in West Lafayette and I hope he stays. He is very innovative on the O side of the line

Reaction Score
If by some miracle Purdue beats Ohio State- then Brohm becomes the 'hot' coach and he gets offers from other schools. It's a double edge sword- success bring attention.

I like what Brohm has put together in West Lafayette and I hope he stays. He is very innovative on the O side of the line
Purdue can keep broth if that happens and if I were him id stay.. as I would if I were having success and could name my pay at Wisconsin or Minnesota or UConn.

This season brohm is having makes him a god at any of those places. At Florida this season brings nothing but complaints. Seriously if brohm won out lost the big then title game and won a BCS bowl to finish 10-4 he’d be talked about in west Lafayette or storrs for years to come. At elite programs at best he’d be off the hook.

Add that he is already making what Helton made at usc and would get a Huge raise and why leave? This isn’t 1998.. with the big tens insane revenue to each school Purdue can afford to break the bank to keep brohm

Reaction Score
Purdue can keep broth if that happens and if I were him id stay.. as I would if I were having success and could name my pay at Wisconsin or Minnesota or UConn.

This season brohm is having makes him a god at any of those places. At Florida this season brings nothing but complaints. Seriously if brohm won out lost the big then title game and won a BCS bowl to finish 10-4 he’d be talked about in west Lafayette or storrs for years to come. At elite programs at best he’d be off the hook.

Add that he is already making what Helton made at usc and would get a Huge raise and why leave? This isn’t 1998.. with the big tens insane revenue to each school Purdue can afford to break the bank to keep brohm
As a Purdue parent I am thrilled they have have had no tuition increases for 10 straight years. Purdue has the best University President in the country in Mitch Daniels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom