Purdue @ Maryland (7) - 2/25/20 | The Boneyard

Purdue @ Maryland (7) - 2/25/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
College Park, MD - 8:00 PM ET
TV: Big Ten Network (Lisa Byington, Tyra Buss)

Video stream:
Home - Sports News, Scores, Schedules, and Videos (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO its best if Maryland continues to win and goes the rest of the season & Post Season Tournament Undefeated. That way they get the Fourth #1 Seed. I don't think no matter what UConn does they'll get a #1 Seed. UConn doesn't have any significant wins and AAC is weaker then it has been. It would help if Louisville would lose a game before the tournament selections are made.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am rooting for Purdue as I like what MD is doing, they are not a top 4 team and in my eyes, do not deserve the 4th #1 seed. beating a bunch of 10-50 rank teams and losing 4 of them due to your conference, not your own scheduling, concerns me. They do belong on the 2 line though, Unless they lose to NW...;)

Reaction Score
I am rooting for Purdue as I like what MD is doing, they are not a top 4 team and in my eyes, do not deserve the 4th #1 seed. beating a bunch of 10-50 rank teams and losing 4 of them due to your conference, not your own scheduling, concerns me. They do belong on the 2 line though, Unless they lose to NW...;)
Some really good points here. However, Maryland has been penalized for having a weak schedule in the past so it is good that they are going to get rewarded for having a great RPI/SOS (even if the Big 10 is above average this season). Also, all the teams that are being considered for the 4th #1 seed have either 3 or 4 loses. Maryland has a better resume than all of those teams. If both team sweep, Maryland and Louisville should be last #1 seed/first #2 seed respectively.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Some really good points here. However, Maryland has been penalized for having a weak schedule in the past so it is good that they are going to get rewarded for having a great RPI/SOS (even if the Big 10 is above average this season). Also, all the teams that are being considered for the 4th #1 seed have either 3 or 4 loses. Maryland has a better resume than all of those teams. If both team sweep, Maryland and Louisville should be last #1 seed/first #2 seed respectively.
Just as long as you realize I have a severe bias to want both those teams to lose so UConn moves up the pecking order! ;)

By the way, after Brenda and my talk earlier this year, she agreed that moving Ashley Owusu to the bench to be the 6th player and instant offense was the right move to help with chemistry and offensive fire power! I had to turn down an assistant job as I make more money where I am and get less criticism...:)

Reaction Score
Just as long as you realize I have a severe bias to want both those teams to lose so UConn moves up the pecking order! ;)

By the way, after Brenda and my talk earlier this year, she agreed that moving Ashley Owusu to the bench to be the 6th player and instant offense was the right move to help with chemistry and offensive fire power! I had to turn down an assistant job as I make more money where I am and get less criticism...:)
Why did Owusu and Diamond Miller start at the beginning of the year? Made no sense to me. Obviously it worked out well for South Carolina. But Maryland had better upperclassmen players who should have started.

Actually, it would be nice if Maryland and UConn met in the Elite 8. The way Maryland is currently playing, it would be a great game. I think Louisville is going to run the tables because NC State has hit a bump in the road.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
For some reason I didn't think this was on TV, it's on BTN. Purdue hanging tough so far, leading 12-11.

edit--oops, 15-12 Terps

Reaction Score
35-22 MD end of half

Jones 12 pts, 4 reb, 1 blk

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If the game ended after the first quarter it would've been close. :rolleyes: Maryland took another opponent to the woodshed.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
MD is really peaking. And they are finishing games the right way.

Reaction Score
Similar to their run in 2006, they seem to be putting it all together at the right time of the year. They also appear to avoiding their typical Bill the Cat game where they gak all over the floor. If they can maintain this level of play they may well make the final four. They have such a history of laying an egg in the biggest games though...

Reaction Score
The big difference is their defense. It appears Maryland is really good at turning defense into offense. Also, Maryland is well rounded on the offensive end. All 7 of Maryland players can score double digits on any given game. (and an 8th player did a great job last night on her senior day in Sara Vujacic). So you can't game plan on just two or three players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom