Purdue fires defensive coordinator Bob Diaco after one season | The Boneyard

Purdue fires defensive coordinator Bob Diaco after one season

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At a certain point you gotta feel for the wife and kids.

It's one thing to move every year because you are climbing the ladder, it's another thing because pops can't hold a job and keeps getting fired.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At a certain point you gotta feel for the wife and kids.

It's one thing to move every year because you are climbing the ladder, it's another thing because pops can't hold a job and keeps getting fired.
Are you kidding me. He's basically printing money based upon that Broyles Award. They can tough out the moves.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Are you kidding me. He's basically printing money based upon that Broyles Award. They can tough out the moves.

No. I get he has already made more than his lifetime than most and his family should be well taken care of financially. I wouldn't be surprised if they have help for the family.

All that being said, it still sucks.

CL82

Reaction Score
No. I get he has already made more than his lifetime than most and his family should be well taken care of financially. I wouldn't be surprised if they have help for the family.

All that being said, it still sucks.
No one is making him coach.... badly. At this point, it is not like he needs the money.

Want to know something ironic? I bet Red Pants has made more from buyouts than from working.

Paraphrasing the movie Billy Beane, people are paying him millions not to coach there teams.

Reaction Score
Even though he was a train wreck of a coach at UConn, I still feel sorry for him that he cannot find somewhere to work. Maybe he should just find a FCS job and stay far away from UConn.

Reaction Score
I feel sorry for him now. He can’t hold a job and it’s gotta be tough on him and his family. I blame Warde for what Diaco wrought here more than I blame Diaco himself. I hope he finds a football home for the next 3-5 years.
Interesting you mention Warde Manuel. Michigan is ranked 92 in football. The so-called rock star has not done so well there recently, and we all remember how he was in the Virgin Islands when UConn lost out to Louisville for the spot in the ACC.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No one is making him coach.... badly. At this point, it is not like he needs the money.

Want to know something ironic? I bet Red Pants has made more from buyouts than from working.

Paraphrasing the movie Billy Beane, people are paying him millions not to coach there teams.
Maybe he can become an inspirational speaker or open up a Temp employment service.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Interesting you mention Warde Manuel. Michigan is ranked 92 in football. The so-called rock star has not done so well there recently, and we all remember how he was in the Virgin Islands when UConn lost out to Louisville for the spot in the ACC.

Warde truly is at his dream job. A top 10 AD position at his alma mater. Sometimes people need new motivations to stay at the top once they reach their goals. And by sometimes I mean every successful person. They know they need to create new challenges to avoid complacency.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I don't feel sorry for him or his family. His wife knew what she was getting into before saying I do. He knows exactly what he is doing. His short term(pain) will give his family what he has planned to do from Day 1.

CL82

Reaction Score
I feel sorry for him now. He can’t hold a job and it’s gotta be tough on him and his family. I blame Warde for what Diaco wrought here more than I blame Diaco himself. I hope he finds a football home for the next 3-5 years.
A very mature and compassionate attitude. I can’t find it in myself for the man who gutted UConn football. Maybe I will, at some point in the future, when we actually regain some degree of competency, but right now it is tough to feel sorry for a guy who has built a fortune by sucking.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
I doubt he’s a bad guy. But, he was completely over matched for the job at UCONN. That’s on Ward.
It kind of is, but when Disco interviewed here, and he was hot off of a Broyles Award and gave every indication of being a rising star. Everyone who hired him after the Nebraska fiasco should’ve known better but I give Warde a pass.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Maybe he can become an inspirational speaker or open up a Temp employment service.
Used car salesman? Definitely not a baker.

Reaction Score
He had a good defense last year working for Skip. He'll find work. I'm sure even he would tell you he is the last person on earth anyone should feel sorry for.

It would have been fun to go up against his defense next year at the Rent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
293272D9-8C29-4208-8896-7860168B9D12.jpeg
I have no idea what I’m doing!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member