OT: Purchasing Office chairs

I'm looking for a really comfortable office chair.

All on topic suggestions are welcome.

Interesting, been in the office furniture business for over 40 years. Pretty much out now except for existing clients. My suggestion is visit the showrooms of some dealers in your area. Do not go to Staples or the like, there stuff is complete crap. Good for kids homework chair or doing bills. Expect to spend anywhere from 250-500 for a good quality ergonomic chair. The Herman Millers, Steelcases, and other big names make great stuff , but come with a price.

Bought a Herman Miller Aeron and love it. You can find better chairs at a discount at several outlets. I bought my chair from the Lexington Group in West Springfield, and I'd recommend them. Essentially it's a warehouse, but you can see and try out different chairs.

I’ll second the Herman Miller Aeron. I found one with red mesh that was discounted, so the price was a little easier to swallow. Light years better than the piece of junk I had from Staples.

Found my PO

And just think if you buy it at Amazon you will be supporting the boneyard!

My fat ass has chewed through office chairs at an amazing rate over the years. This is my favorite. Im on my 2nd one now. Every other time it was time for a new chair I would always try something different. Now I found one Im happy with.

Last edited:
Bought a Herman Miller Aeron and love it. You can find better chairs at a discount at several outlets. I bought my chair from the Lexington Group in West Springfield, and I'd recommend them. Essentially it's a warehouse, but you can see and try out different chairs.
Came here to recommend the Aeron, though I'm admittedly biased because that's who I work for

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Relax the back in weha center, however be ready to open your wallet.

I purchased a used Herman-Miller Eames TimeLife executive office chair. After 20 years under my fat butt it is still doing the job. Most comfortable desk chair I've ever used. Embarrassed to admit that I acquired it after I learned that it was the model chair Bobby Fischer demanded be brought to Iceland for his match against Spassky. After Boris saw it they had to bring in a duplicate for him.
1544224272924.png
1544224272924.png